The Stumptown Movie Makers Meetup Group Message Board › You don't need the best equipment.....

You don't need the best equipment.....

A former member
Post #: 29
I tried to post this on Vimeo, but wasn't sure that it would go to our group and not my account. I have a facebook account for long uploads @ HD so I posted some working footage their. While I have a nice DSLR video setup, I still have my little canon Vixia HF100 and the canon mic and wide and teleconvertors for it. It films in 1080I as well as their 1080 30 and 1080 24 but you have to remove the wrapped on the 30 and detelecine the 24. But this five year old consumer camera still does a good job for DVD and web stuff. If you want to try film making go for something small and see if you reall like it. I put the camera on a $30 window mount and turned the car off. I was even able to pan a bit....anyone interested in this cheap window mount let me know.

The last 30 seconds of this footage was shoot using digital zoom and a 1.5 convertor, I think you will be surprised (except for blue fringing in at one point) of the quality. This is stock footage for a large project I'm working on and thought I'd share it as an example of "when you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with".....enjoy this raw footage.....http://youtu.be/VYNUZ...­

Larry M.
user 4447988
Group Organizer
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 30
Hi Jeff!

Nice close-ups of "the fisherman" doing his thing! Thanks for posting the footage ...

My wife has reasonable telephoto images on her laptop screen saver; picked from the many photos which we took of two parent Herons nesting with their three youngsters still residing in the nest and nearby branches (even the offspring were of impressive size). An amazing find in an industrial wetlands park (Hillsboro, Oregon). Those feathered friends are so majestic and large -- they impress me every time I see them. Sometimes swooping by just outside our kitchen window, or gliding quite low above our roof at dusk. During Oregon's wetter months they sometimes frequent our wetlands just across our back fence.

We returned to that Hillsboro Park with better lens, video/still camera and tripod equipment on a subsequent year, but found no nesting Herons that time, sorry to say.

Regarding your question (or comment) concerning VIMEO Postings -- I believe our members always have to post their projects first on their own VIMEO account pages, and then link the specific video file(s) to our Stumptown Group VIMEO page. Hope that helps answer your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Larry McFarling