A former member
Post #: 1
MITA's FILM + SKILLS:

AUDIO - Electronic and acoustic composer, recording artist, sound designer for theater, film (post-production), animation, games, whatever. For what it's worth, I have won awards for my theatrical sound design (namely the Kennedy Center ACTF, 2006)
I play a few instruments (mostly electric bass and keys of all sorts) and sing.
Am familiar with various boards - acoustic and digital.
I know my way around EQ's, verbs, delays, chorus, audio software (much of it), formats, f/x envelopes, etc etc etc etc YES
PLEASE NOTE: My audio specializing doesn't SO FAR include much on-location film sound. I have used stereo field recorders, so there's that, and I know about mics and sound implementation, so I imagine I would do fine but would like to learn more about production sound.
Have already done a lot with voice overs (recording and implementation), so fine with that.

Writing (comedy, drama, magical realism, ++) PUBLISHED fiction (dramedy), and have had 2 plays produced so far (magic realism and dramedy) ALSO - storyboarding, outlining, synopsis writing, etc etc

Directing - LOVE it, long to do more!!! REALLY HOT TO DO MORE OF THIS.

Some acting (prefer 'performance' to straight acting)

Choreography (dance +)

Music performance!!!

Video - Worked mostly in Vegas Video, but can-do: Chroma keying, masking, f/x, etc.

Lighting (theatrical experience) = Parcans, Source 4's, dimmers, light boards, barn doors, focusing, gels, etc - tho lighting is not even CLOSE to on-par with my audio knowledge/love/experience)

Make-up - Esp. good with the theatrical sort

Scenic art - LOTS of painting experience, scenic and otherwise

Wardrobe - Costume design and building

MASK and PROP DESIGN and MAKING (paper mache, plaster, various new-age goos for mask making, etc)

Carpentry (I have an ongoing romance with the reciprocating saw :)

Welding (Mig, wire fed, gas, soldering... yes I do it, but prefer to NOT do it)

hmmmm.... that's what comes to mind now. Maybe more later :)

-Mita

A former member
Post #: 4
Hey Jim,

Remember me from the meeting? Yeah, I would like to be one of the actors....you forgot to list me.

:)

I will also bring my air conditioned trailer if we end up filming somewhere remote, hot or incompatible to comfort. The trailer would be nice for getting cool. And it has a fridge to keep drinks cool. Just depends on where we end up.
Matthew
PappaSmurfPro
Portland, OR
Post #: 22
Matthew Honeycutt - Skills

Sound - I can run a sound board (the basics, aka just barely), properly mic a set, rig actors with wireless mics, operate a boom mic, set input levels, and monitor sound levels, even correct levels a bit in Final Cut, I can also tell everyone on the set to be quiet (SHUT UP!), do cheesy sounds effects, and I whistle a tune pretty well. I can NOT sing don't even ask for a sample.

Writing - I get by on writing, better at proof reading, I do ok on parody song writing and poetry. I have experience with group sketch comedy writing.

Story Boarding - I can do it BUT it looks like horrible stick figures, Board drawn w or w/o camera angles & shot selection bits given time. If absolutely necessary I will do in a pinch, but there are probably many better choices in this group for this.

Directing - If I have to I can, not my first choice. (I have experience directing field and studio 3 camera rigs, with switcher, audio inputs, live callers, etc...)

Acting - Experience with Comedic, Horror, Improv, and Dramatic acting. I am a method actor at heart. I will need a minute to recompose after really dramatic or emotionally intense scenes. If there is a lot of physicality or simulated violence it is always good to have a "safe word" when working with Method actors for those of you who don't know this. I am willing to shave or change looks as needed for a good role, open to most anything if the story is worth it. ((Limitation no full frontal-It would hurt your eyes, and I don't need the envy issues. LOL)) I have some experience on Stage, TV Commercials, Live TV, and Film.

Digital 35mm photography. (editorial, glamour, portrait, landscape, real estate, live event, and sports)

Video Camera work - Field (Tripod and Handheld) and Studio camera (Fixed and Dolly) experience.

Lighting (Stage, TV Field & Studio, and Photo Studio experience) all kinds of lights, DMX programmable light boards, dimmers, gels, gobos, diffusion filters, Soft boxes, fill, follow spot, reflectors, etc...

Make-up - Horror, clown, special FX, tattoo cover-up and simulation, and Air brush.

Editing - Live switcher in field and studio, (post) Final Cut experience (This is my least favorite part of the process but also one of the most crucial)

General Crew - Set up backgrounds, lights, audio, etc...

Marketing - Social Networking, guerilla marketing, and running street flyer team.

Procurement - Given enough time I can find most specific talent, locations, props, costumes, etc...
I have a large base of resources and contacts to draw from.

Transportation - I have a Chevy Suburban 2500, 7.4 ltr, 454 that seats 8. (You got the gas I got the SUV)

Wardrobe - From Halloween, to clowns, to misc stage pieces, to pirates, to zombies, to stripper wear and shoes. Experience with creative costuming on a very limited budget.

Misc Skills & Training - Horseback Riding, Shooting (all firearms), Martial Arts (Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Jujitsu, and Tae Kwon Do)(Live Sparing & Kata), Fencing (Basic training, some theatrical sword fighting), canoeing, rafting, diving, prop making, casting, painting, special fx makeup & woochie creation & application, set construction & decor, Foam sculpting (hot tool set), airbrush makeup & body painting, have work experience in graphic design, & Photoshop since 1996. Oh and I can make an awesome mild chunky salsa, a medium salsa called "The Green Ooze", and an extremely hot salsa called the "Dead Fire Fighter". Come to think of it I have to many misc. "skills" to list.
Bonnie R.
BonnieRoseman
Portland, OR
Acting
Jeff S.
user 4107003
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
Please add my name to Writing and Editing (maybe not spelling).
Jeff Smith.
Thanks.
Sourixay Vilalay a...
user 12417910
Portland, OR
Acting:

* Alan Espasandin
* Craig Werner (VO)
* Frtia Burds (Mita)
* Jim Bradbury
* Holly
* Paige Jones
* Sourixay Vilalay

Camera (DP):

* Craig Werner
* Holly
* Jim
* Markus Eikenberry
* Slore
* Sourixay Vilalay

Directing:

* Frtia Burds (Mita)
* Jim
* Slore
* Sourixay Vilalay

Editing (post):

* Craig Werner
* Holly
* Jim
* Slore
* Kim
* Sourixay Vilalay

General Crew:

* Craig Werner

Lighting

* Frita Burds (mita)

Makeup:

* Frtia Burds (Mita)
* Slore

Marketing

* Markus Eikenberry

Music

* Frita Burds (mita)

Producing:

Sound:

* Craig Werner
* Frtia Burds (Mita)
* Markus Eikenberry
* Slore

Transportation:

* Markus Eikenberry

Wardrobe:

Writing:

* Frtia Burds (Mita)
* Holly
* Jim
* Slore
* Sourixay Vilalay
Aparna
user 14635360
Portland, OR
Hello! I can do acting (represented by OMPA-registered management) and some marketing.
A former member
Post #: 4
Affordable, aerial oblique, 1080pHD video for projects, promotions, and performance evaluation.
UpThereVideo.com to see some initial footage, see the equipment, and watch me grow (I hope).
Ricardo I.
user 9275822
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
I have various skills - just no time!

• Camera - Director of Photography (and associated crafts, e.g., 1st AC or camera op)
  • Sound - recording (I was an audio engineer in a past life)
  • Sound mixing (audio post)
  • Editing

I'm open to helping good projects in any way.

Ricardo
Casual Dog Productions, LLC
A former member
Post #: 3
I can write. I am a voracious writer with an avid imagination. I'm available online 7 days a week, Skype PDX.currency