Christina
user 17653611
Centereach, NY
Post #: 1
Will this group be doing any more meet ups? If not, is anyone local to Stony Brook that is interested in meeting separately to practice italian? My level is intermediate.

Grazie!
Christina
Diana T.
user 10084611
Babylon, NY
Post #: 2
Ciao Christina,

I would be very interested in meeting with you and any other person to practice speaking Italian. I'm intermediate as well. But I'd like to speak only Italian. I get disappointed when I meet with the group & people start speaking in English - what's the point? I live in Babylon. I'd be willing to meet at the Bohemia Panera, that's where the group used to meet. Take care. Diana
Matteo
user 2414613
Group Organizer
Ronkonkoma, NY
Post #: 67
Christina,

Grazie, for your interest! Yes, I do plan to re-start the group soon. Again, we should be meeting at the Panera Cafè's in both Bohemia and Port Jefferson. There were/are partecipants who like the morning and evening times. Weekends will be concidered if requested. But, as always, I encourage all new and long time members to give me specific days and times since I have a flexible schedule to accomodate.

A presto,
Matteo
Matteo
user 2414613
Group Organizer
Ronkonkoma, NY
Post #: 68
Ciao Christina,

I would be very interested in meeting with you and any other person to practice speaking Italian. I'm intermediate as well. But I'd like to speak only Italian. I get disappointed when I meet with the group & people start speaking in English - what's the point? I live in Babylon. I'd be willing to meet at the Bohemia Panera, that's where the group used to meet. Take care. Diana
Diana!
I understand that you may get disappointed when the conversation switches to english especially when the speakers are advanced and conversational level. All participants have to capitalize on the time opportunity to practice the level of italian that each knows. Members have to speak up then and there to stress the italian language, I agree. On another note, as the organizer, I have to accomodate beginners to some portion of the time and it is acceptable for translation purposes. For future meetups, I should provide reading material then we'd discuss in italian preferably. I hope to organize something soon.

A presto!
Matteo

Christina
user 17653611
Centereach, NY
I look forward to joining a meeting soon! Thanks for the quick reply :)

Christina,

Grazie, for your interest! Yes, I do plan to re-start the group soon. Again, we should be meeting at the Panera Cafè's in both Bohemia and Port Jefferson. There were/are partecipants who like the morning and evening times. Weekends will be concidered if requested. But, as always, I encourage all new and long time members to give me specific days and times since I have a flexible schedule to accomodate.

A presto,
Matteo
Christine K.
user 10132610
Stony Brook, NY
Hi Everyone! I'm very interested in reviving our group. I'm generally available evenings, Monday through Thursday.

Sonny
user 9586656
Stony Brook, NY
Post #: 21
Teo, ma a cosa aspetti? Nel meetup Francese, il capogruppo colletta $2 per ogni meetup. Se il problema é monetario, puoi fare lo stesso anche tu.