Come on down to the next Suffolk County Libertarian Meeting.
Regular business meeting
Topic: Begin talking about running local candidates for office 2013
here is a list of possible openings in 2013: http://apps.suffolkcountyny.gov/boe/eleres/11ge/
Step up if you would like to run or have ever considered running for office.
Note from Michael McDermott:
Okay the 2012 election is over, on to 2013, 2014,2015 and finally 2016.
As we discussed everyone should run for an elective office, especially local.
So here is what I think we should do:
1. Identify all elective offices for next year, 2013
2. Decide just who is running for what office
3. Prepare domain names and websites for each office, order business and palm cards.
4. Fundraise for[masked]
5. Fundraise for[masked]
6. Fundraise for[masked]
7. Increase LP membership locally and statewide.
8. If Gary Johnson is running again in 2016 he needs to do some fundraising for himself and us. The LP took in the entire petition burden and until we have automatic ballot access (after 2014) we need to get help. It cost $6000 to get my 4200 signatures and a LOT of work
9. Fundraise for[masked]
10. Expand and develop Save: Long Island and mountain hours. (Fill the auditorium each month)
We have the right platform, the right stand on the issues. We need to make the people aware of us or they have no choice but to vote democratic or republican.
The "good news" for the Liberty movement (if you can call it "good") is that the outlook for a do nothing congress, continuing wars, and hyper partisan bickering will worsen. We NEED to get 2013 and beyond going as soon as possible!
The results of my particular race would have been much different with more organized help and more money. Oh and less hurricanes! lol
Anybody with me on the above?
Please contribute your thoughts so we can get it together starting NOW!
THIS JUST ADDED: Will be bringing Island Hours to the meeting. If you do not yet know what this alternative currency is visit the website www.islandhours.com Think about what service it is you would like to barter and if you would like to be on the "island hours list".
If you wish to be part of the libertarian party and take part in voting please join with your yearly dues of $10. Get a gold star for each new member of the libertarian party you can get to join.