align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Suncoast Audiophile Society Message Board Main discussion area (visible to non-members) › What's spinning (or streaming)?

What's spinning (or streaming)?

Mike K
user 14121317
Tampa, FL
Post #: 34
Richard,

I think everyone but Ben.

I did not see any info on the personnel which leads me to believe it is the original cast.

You can hear it, and read about it here....

http://www.rollingsto...­
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 90
Branford Marsalis Trio Jeepy... an audiophile "must have" even if you aren't a jazz fan. The music, recording caliber, and soundstaging is spectacular, and living proof how capable redbook CD can be (with the proper recording engineer).

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 108
Believe it or not... 11 year old Jackie Evancho's new album... Dream With Me.

The full orchestra (with backup choir on some tracks) is a bit too lush (and over-produced) for my tastes, but that voice, and vibrato, will bring chills to your spine, especially on the operatic tracks and Angel. After having seen her on America's Got Talent, and other recent television appearances (Jay Leno a couple nights ago, though she sounded a bit fatigued), I had to run out and get the CD. Of note, Target has an exclusive "Deluxe Edition" of the album with four additional tracks (all very good), for only a couple $$ more. I think Jackie is one of those once-in-a-lifetime musical prodigies, who (even in a less than stellar recording) conveys the pure joy and beauty of music like few others. I pray she'll be able to maintain her pristine voice as she gets older.

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 111
Not spinning quite yet, but I've already ordered the debut album of 2Cellos (to be released 7/19). Saw a reference to their "Smooth Criminal" video on another forum, and I was hooked. They are the Cello equivalent of Rodrigo y Gabriella, and then some! Here's the video from their recent TV appearance on The Ellen Show, but ya gotta see their other Youtube videos. Amazing!

A former member
Post #: 3
Love Ian Anderson. Saw him at Ruth Eckard(sp?) a few years ago. I have the "brick" on vinyl and CD.
As for Sophie, I'd buy the disk just for the cover shot.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 113
A couple folks have asked me about the Bela Fleck track I played at our June meeting. It's from their Live Art double album... Improv/Amazing Grace (Track 1 on the 2nd CD). The entire album is superb, and I've heard it really captures the essence of their live concerts (though I've never been fortunate enough to attend one). Click on the album cover below for the Amazon link (with track excerpts).

George L.
user 13945598
Seffner, FL
Post #: 8
Thank you for that answer Alan! "Live Art" biggrin
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 114
Downloaded the new Paul Simon album in 24/96 FLAC from HDTracks. Sweet!

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 122
Just got the 2Cellos CD. Damn good! Amazing how these two can make the Cello sound (at times) like electric guitars, complete with overdrive/distortion effects. Sound quality is impressive, considering that most of it was recorded in Croatia! I'll bring the CD to our July meeting.

Here's another one of their Youtube videos, with their rendition of Guns N' Roses Welcome to the Jungle...

A former member
Post #: 2
Currently spending time on the studio system and listening to some interesting music...

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - 2006-10-17 Das Haus - Ludwigshafen, Germany
I can't remember which version I have except that it is only 16 bit. Currently downloading the 24 bit version.

Free Download!!!

http://www.archive.or...­

Crown Imperial from Reference Recordings (CD Version)

Autechre - Incunabula

TRON: Legacy Reconfigured