Suncoast Audiophile Society Message Board Main discussion area (visible to non-members) › What's spinning (or streaming)?

What's spinning (or streaming)?

A former member
Post #: 7
Buena Vista Social Club, freshly downloaded from HDTRACKS in 24/96

Mike K
user 14121317
Tampa, FL
Post #: 65
Most recent selection....

Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers
True Love Ways - Buddy Holly
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
Good Golly, Miss Molly - Little Richard
The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) - The Tokens
Miserlou - Dick Dale & The Del-Tones
A Lover's Concerto - The Toys
I Wanna Be Free - The Monkees
All Together Now - The Beatles
Run Through The Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival
You Drive Me Nervous - Alice Cooper
Burning Love - Elvis Presley
Two Little Hitlers - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
The Wait - The Pretenders
Grey Day - Madness
The Look Of Love - ABC
Ball And Chain - XTC
Authority Song - John Mellencamp
Wild Wild Life - Talking Heads
Somewhere Down The Crazy River - Robbie Robertson
Empty Arms - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
Sweat (A La La La La Long) - Inner Circle
Roll To Me - Del Amitri
Nosey Joe - The Brian Setzer Orchestra
Unchained Melody - Cyndi Lauper
You're Beautiful - James Blunt
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Wake Up Call - Maroon 5
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Poker Face - Lady Gaga
Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
Firework - Katy Perry
Blue Tip - The Cars
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 240
Stopped by the Sound Exchange in Tampa yesterday, and found this incredible Gloryland hybrid SACD by Anonymous 4 with Darol Anger and Mike Marshall. Although early period vocal music is not a mainstream audiophile favorite, this group's music and recordings are magnificent. Not a bad find for $7!

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 260
Nice sampler album with some laid-back tracks. If you like Jacintha (and don't already have her other albums) I highly recommend this compilation (despite some so-so reviews on Amazon).

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 289
Something totally unique. Check out this up and coming Indie group... Walk Off the Earth with extraordinary song covers and videos. They're about to hit the big time, making their national debut on the Ellen Show Mon 1/23. Very talented folks!

Jonathan C.
user 14030106
Tampa, FL
Post #: 10
Nice grab!

I'm streaming Spotify lately overseas on 3G. Sounds good. also paid for premium subscription and downloaded a ton of stuff for offline listening on the plane. Quality is robust and it is much easier to use imo than MOG to pull up tracks on demand and create playlists (or listen to your friend's playlists as shown via Facebook connection in the Spotify GUI).

cheers!
Jon

Stopped by the Sound Exchange in Tampa yesterday, and found this incredible Gloryland hybrid SACD by Anonymous 4 with Darol Anger and Mike Marshall. Although early period vocal music is not a mainstream audiophile favorite, this group's music and recordings are magnificent. Not a bad find for $7!

Mike K
user 14121317
Tampa, FL
Post #: 81
Wow! Walk off the Earth is some great stuff Alan! Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Try some Pomplamoose...

http://www.youtube.co...­

I was turned on to them a year or so ago when they did some Christmas commercials for Hyundai I think.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 300
Here's AJ's playlist from our 1/28 meeting. GREAT music, and a GREAT demo! I already ordered the Cantate Domino, and hope AJ will post more details (and/or links) about the full albums.

I already have...
Jen Chapin Revisions... http://www.amazon.com...­

and found this link for Black Light Syndrome (Duende)... http://www.amazon.com...­
Ammar J.
user 33032312
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
Zoran K.
user 38358072
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 2
Hi. I was just reading The Absolute Sound (Feb. 2012) article "Computer Music Audio Quality, Part 3. They were comparing .wav vs .flac in various tests and using various software programs. Pretty interesting.