Suncoast Audiophile Society Message Board Main discussion area (visible to non-members) › What's spinning (or streaming)?

What's spinning (or streaming)?

Ammar J.
user 33032312
Tampa, FL
Post #: 4
Alan, I liked that PB live album you brought. I have one of her earlier ones, but it makes me a little drowsy ;-).
The one you played seemed a bit more lively, pardon the pun. May have to pick that one up.
Zoran K.
user 38358072
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 19
I just received this album, Mozart Modern, by a German jazz trio called Mr. Noris. It is a very good and faithful representation of Eine kliene Nachtmusik and eight other famous Mozart compositions. I had been looking for this for years and finally found it through Discogs.com in Sweden. One of only 2. For a keyboard, bass and drums to tackle Mozart one might think it to be a huge task, but these guys make it their own and it jumps.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 617
Interesting! Never heard of Gunter Noris before. Looks like that Mozart album was only released on vinyl, but I found this link that offers free streaming to listen (but no download)... https://soundcloud.co...­ Great stuff! Wish it was available as digital media (as are some of his other albums).

He reminds me of pianist Jacques Loussier, and his "Play Bach Trio", who likewise created jazz renditions of classical pieces... http://www.amazon.com...­
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 620
Speaking of Jacques Loussier...

Ammar J.
user 33032312
Tampa, FL
Post #: 6
Ok, Friday nights "now spinning" on the HD

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 668
Archie Shepp Trouble In Mind... great jazz sax player that I never heard of until hearing a background cut in a YouTube video, and tracking him down via Shazzam! Great stuff! Click pic for Amazon link.

George L.
user 13945598
Seffner, FL
Post #: 38
Jacques Loussier... his best album IMO
The Best of Play Bach

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 707
Surprisingly good album... Let Them Talk by Hugh Laurie (of House fame).

His singing doesn't reach the caliber of his keyboard skills, but still a good listen. He also has a new release Didn't It Rain, but the reviews on that are mixed.

Ernie K.
user 5581993
Sun City Center, FL
Post #: 3
I recently purchased a DVD of the group Talk Talk Live and at the Montreaux in 1986 and even though I have heard of this group in years past I did not have any real interaction musically with them until seeing some videos of this performance on You tube which motivated me to purchase this DVD. These performances at Montreux which are recorded on DVD are really good. I also have the Gary Moore (Albert Collins as guest) performance from the 90's. These are really worth checking out.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 731
Seven Days XRCD by contemporary Chinese vocalist Dadawa (called the "Chinese Enya" by some). Mesmerizing rhythms and vocals backed by a variety of Asian instruments and percussion. Definitely worth a listen if you're into world music, but only if your system can accurately reproduce low bass! I'll bring it to our Nov meeting.

Click on pic for Amazon link.