Suncoast Audiophile Society Message Board Links of local and regional interest (visible to non-members) › The Local Music Scene- Musicians, Concerts, etc.

The Local Music Scene- Musicians, Concerts, etc.

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 28
We have lots of great local musicians throughout the entire Suncoast and Central Florida region. Please share your favorites here!

Jim Mason... Well known singer/songwriter/guitarist/producer who co-wrote the Peter, Paul, and Mary hit "I Dig Rock-N-Roll Music," and twice performed for SAS (when previously TBLS), firstly with Doug Bliss, and subsequently with Leigh Humes. See embedded video excerpts below!

Leigh Humes... Local singer/songwriter/guitarist who performs locally with husband Steve (mandolin/guitar) and various other musicians.

Mo' Gravy... a new local acoustic crossover band that covers songs from the 60's on, including James Taylor, Sister Hazel, The Eagles, The Beatles, etc.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 30
Denise Moore... a local jazz vocalist recommended to us by A. Colin Flood.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 941
FYI, the quirky acoustic quartet Lake Street Dive is coming to the Cuban Club in Ybor on Nov 1st. WMNF is selling tickets... http://www.wmnf.org/e...­

I’ve been following them for a couple years, and they’re great... kind of a cross between Bette Midler, Manhatten Transfer, and the Nylons!

Here’s one of their videos...

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 970
My wife and I attended the Lake Street Dive concert last night, at the Cuban Club in Ybor. Figures... coldest night so far, and WMNF scr*wed up by not announcing it would be outdoors, and to bring your own chairs! That being said, the huddled masses were treated to a FANTASTIC performance. All four musicians are superb, but Rachel Price really hit it out of the park with her jazzy, bluesy vocal range. Take note, as this quartet should be garnering critical acclaim on the national stage. Following this tour, they said they're heading back to the studio to work on their second full album. Can't wait for it!

Here's another video highlighting Rachel Price...