Grant P.
gjposner
Tampa, FL
Post #: 11
http://sarasota.craig...­

I saw these and could not resist asking what everyone thinks of electrostats. I know Acoustat is one of the better companies out there apparently on par with maggies? Price seems right for electrostatics, anyone have thoughts on them? I have wanted to get into that realm for a while now, and these seem to be priced alright, but I would not know. Any help would be great!
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 436
I'm not familiar with Acoustat Spectra 11, but a quick Google search of that model (which is actually a hybrid stat/woofer design) suggest they had some issues with the woofers. I don't think the original company is still in business, so parts/repair (if necessary) could be a challenge. There are some entry level Martin Logan's (Aerius, Sequel, etc.) on eBay at a similar price point (I'm sure A'gon too). You could probably also find used entry level Maggie (planar magnetic ribbon speakers, not stats) in that same ballpark price.
Grant P.
gjposner
Tampa, FL
Post #: 12
Alright, Pass it is. I will have to do some searching, I am just weary about buying from ebay and A'gon as shipping can be a pain in the ass let alone stupid expensive. I have only heard Maggies once, at AV South and they were fantastic, I just know that electrostats and planars require a lot of breathing room I will most likely not have. I just want to put something a bit nicer in my house than these CV's. I am tired of modding them to try and make them sound better when they were not meant to ha ha. I would love some ESS's but those are out of my budget right now. I will check some other classified ads here and see if members are selling speakers I would be interested in as I know I can trust you all ha ha! I am just trying to get good, clear sound without killing my bank account. Still jobless (seems no one has common business etiquette these days, it is a shame really, at least update me, you know?) but I will gladly make an investment if it is a good deal and will last.
A former member
Post #: 2
Good morning ! I have 1.7 Maggie's for sale. Any questions feel free to call Charlie . Have a great day !!! 727-742-6553
Grant P.
gjposner
Tampa, FL
Post #: 13
Thanks for the info Charlie! It was a pleasure talking to you. Start a new discussion with information on the Maggies so they can get a little more publicity on the site! Who knows, someone on here may be in the market for them!
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 437
If you're dead set on having panel speakers, you could always start with a new pair of Magnepan MMG's... http://www.magnepan.c...­, and eventually move up the Maggie line, or try something else down the road!
Grant P.
gjposner
Tampa, FL
Post #: 14
Not really dead set on panels, more of dead set on upgrading in the near future. I guess it is part of the audiophile bug, but it is time for an upgrade. I will keep searching though and see what I can find :)
A. Colin F.
Acolin
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 338
Horns! Find big ole horns cheap and power them with cheap receiver until you can afford better stuff!