Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 523
Here's the trailer for last years documentary profiling Hollywood, CA Record Store owner Murray Gershenz, who is trying to sell his store/collection of 300,000+ LP's. He's now 90, but still hasn't found a buyer. Guess that's a sign of the times with regard to vinyls' long-term future. The second video is an updated interview with him.

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 625
Nice to hear that Murray finally found a buyer for his record collection. Not sure who bought it, or where it's going, but hopefully somebody who will cherish and care for it as Murray did... http://www.npr.org/te...­

Here's a bit more info from the Music Man Murray Documentary Facebook page...

Big update -- the collection has been sold and the store stands, empty!

On Tuesday night I talked to Irv and he told me the collection had been sold and shipped out in a fleet of 52-foot trucks over the weekend. Yesterday, I met Irv down at the store and snapped the attached photo. He was down there to sell the piano they kept in the store. Through Craigslist, it went to a lady who supposedly plays with a singer named Beyonce. I also took some video and will cut a little update together soon. Let me know if you'd like to see it.

We talked to Murray on the phone. He is in fair health and sounds like he's in good spirits. He'd been down to the store once over the weekend during the move but couldn't stand to linger. He had a job acting in a TV show the day before.

I don't have any other details about the sale but wanted you all to hear the news.

Thanks again for your interest in the movie and the story. Please feel free to pass the news around, I'm sure I left a lot of people off this list.

yrs truly,
Richard Parks (director)

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 696
Sadly, just read that "Music Man Murray" passed away last week at age 91. He had recently sold his 300,000+ record collection "for a song" (pun intended). Here's Mike Fremer's update...
http://www.analogplan...­
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 936