Suncoast Audiophile Society Message Board Main discussion area (visible to non-members) › Impromptu smaller scale listening sessions/get-togethers encouraged!

Impromptu smaller scale listening sessions/get-togethers encouraged!

Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 581
Just wanted to clarify that we not only allow, but ENCOURAGE club members to schedule smaller-scale listening sessions/get-togethers separate from our formal monthly meeting. Any club member can create a "mini" event on our Meetup site (demo, listening session, measurement sessions, etc.), and even LIMIT attendance to whatever number of attendees they can accommodate (on a first-RSVP first-served basis). Meetup even has an optional waiting list option, if somebody who previously RSVP'd can't make it.

So next time you have a free afternoon or evening for an impromptu get-together, post it on our Meetup website, and wait for your doorbell to ring!
Mike K
user 14121317
Tampa, FL
Post #: 117
Would there be any interest in a smaller meet (perhaps 10 people) that focused on Rock n Roll?

I like jazz and female vocals as much as the next guy, but I think my first love is rock, and there have been some great sounding re-issues.

The meet would be more listening to music and talking music rather than gear.

Show interest via a response here.

Thanks.

Mike
Russ G.
user 13947780
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 35
I'm in! Let's get one scheduled. I can handle a small group in Sarasota.
Ryan L.
user 6617040
Tampa, FL
Post #: 13
I could use an impromptu test-n-tune with a few members. I don't mind showing what I've done to the club but I'm certain some basic mistakes have probably been made and the room needs some work before hand in terms of treatment. Looking forward to getting some feedback from a few members. Personally I think it sounds pretty nice now, I'd like to see what others think, and can identify if I'm missing any simple fixes.
Alan N
user 13931748
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 961
If you are interested in hosting a second "Mini Meet" for October 2014, or sometime down the road, please post here, or contact Howard or Alan. Feel free to also post other ideas for how we can best accommodate our growing membership in the face of a limited number of full-scale host/venue meeting options.
Ernie K.
user 5581993
Sun City Center, FL
Post #: 20
I am considering hosting a regular mini-meet that would be focused on listening/viewing music. Just a night of listening to a predetermined music genre along with another side event, ie soul and scotch (for any scotch drinkers) beer and blues, a live music video showing etc. I can host 6-8 person at a time and would be interested in doing something like a quarterly gathering with a predetermined presentation. Any ideas and interest in this type of get together would be appreciated I am thinking that they would mostly be on a weekday evening such as a Thursday or Friday. Any input is welcome.

Russ G.
user 13947780
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 109
I'm in! Beer and Blues fo me! ...And badges!