We will be at the Oak Ridge Campground for this weekend event. .
Come camp out, just come for the day, have fun and learn about FTA !
- Friday May 17, tent camping with dinner on your own (Publix, Pizza, Chinese, Subway, Beef O's, across the street!) Oak Ridge has a fresh water well(boiling or filtering recommended) and a pit toilet. No showers, no electricity.. THERE IS NO FEE FOR CAMPING!
- Sat morning 8:30 am, join us for a beautiful lush tropical 6 mile loop hike heading south in to the Lower Hillsborough Wilderness, then coming back across Bassett Branch (creek should be low enough to keep socks dry back to the campground and meeting area.) Expect primitive conditions along this hike... HIKE STARTS AT THE CAMPGROUND
- Upon our return..... Our quarterly Suncoast FTA business meeting with Chairman Ralph / we will provide Nathan's Hot Dogs along with pot luck items, please bring a side, soda, .. Lunch will either be during or immediately after our meeting.. WE WILL BE ASKING FOR A $2.00 /PERSON DONATION FOR LUNCH
- Attention: AFTER LUNCH and Chapter Meeting!! It's time to start getting excited for the Red/Blue team hikers cup challenge. There will be a set of clues, a treasure map, buried treasure and more for your team to find. Winning team will be awarded the hikers cup trophy. Adults mandatory and all kids welcome. No strenuous activity involved. They don't know it yet but I (Tracy) have nominated Rick G. as Blue team captain and Amanda as Red team captain.
- We will also have misc games like balloon toss balloon volleyball and a Red vs Blue all out war, bring a balloon bag, each warrior will get 8 balloons.
- Additional after lunch activities could include another short hike through the enchanted pine forest, board games, conversation, or nap under the tall pines
- Camping is also available Saturday night.........
This activity is sponsored by the Suncoast Chapter of the Florida Trail Association. There is no fee to participate.
While you need not be an FTA member to participate this weekend, we encourage those who enjoy our activities on a regular basis to learn more about the FTA and consider becoming a member.