Mike O.
user 13843741
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 1
Hi all! It was recommended that I introduce my new book in this manner. Just published a new book about a thru hike of the AT! I know what you're thinking, another long boring tale about gear, views, and food. No! This is what emails and reviews have said thus far;
" I've read a lot of crappy AT books by thru-hikers that drag on. I think you have captured the true spirit of what a thru-hike is all about. I have been recommending it to all my friends." - Rob Brandl
"I started it and can't put it down. He's had me laughing my ass off several times! I've read AT books and this one is definitely a fresh account. I already know it will be one of my favorites. But...read his disclaimer, the book will offend some people." - Rick G.
"reading your book is like reading a 21st century Mark Twain. There better be a sequel!" - Joe C.

The reviews have been excellent. The title is "Sometimes the Appalachian Trail is..." by J. Michael Osmond. Available on amazon and kindle. Other sites coming soon. Thanks for listening.
Amanda
user 11114131
Tampa, FL
Post #: 20
At the moment, I am part way through this book.
I have to agree with others, it is VERY ENTERTAINING!
If you have any sense of humer at all, you will see the offensive parts as just plain silliness and all in good fun.
I was very pleased to find a nice balance between the amusing antidotes and some bits of actual information - history, geology, botany, etc. Very nice to be entertained and learn!
This book has been a pleasant change from the typical AT memoir with daily journal entries that seem to go on and on and on....
Fun read with a bit of spice!
Thank you Gator Gump for sharing your crazy adventure with us!
Rick G.
user 12846367
Tampa, FL
Post #: 11
I downloaded this book to my Kindle before knowing Mike was even a member of our group. I've read most of the AT books out there and his book has gone to the top of my list! It's not written like the rest of the AT books out there. First off...he's hilarious...he had me rollling with laughter in so many parts of his book! He tells his story,whether its good, bad and doesn't cover up things that REALLY go on...on the trail! I felt it was a well balanced book...he gives enough information about technical things, the trail, history, the people he meets and his personal feelings. Mike is quite a character...he speaks what he's thinking and tells you like it is! Like Amanda mentioned...you're not reading a journal...your reading his story. I read this book in one day...I couldn't put it down! From the beginning, he gets threats on his life and as he approaches the final leg...you wonder if he'll finish. But...he did it! If you've read the other books out there...this one is kind of an R-Rated version. :-) But...keep an open mind and I think too...you'll find his book very entertaining and one of the best AT boods out there! I give it 5-Stars! Thanks, Gatorgump!
Rick G.
user 12846367
Tampa, FL
Post #: 13
Just finished reading it for the second time. It was as entertaining as the first time around! Probably, more so because I caught things the second time around that I didn't catch during the first go around. I love the book! If you're searching for a good read... I'd highly recommend it!
Rick G.
user 12846367
Tampa, FL
Post #: 14
Oh, Mike..if you happen to see this. In the book...I couldn't tell if you we're joking around or if you were for real? Did you really recognize Whoopi Goldberg in Kent? :)
Mike O.
user 13843741
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 2
First off, thank you for your kind comments and support for the book. Second, yes I thought I recognized Whoopi. She's hard not to notice, even in a passing convertible. Another thing I noticed is that she took no notice of my notice.