addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Suncoast iOS Message Board › Statement in Apple's license agreement about Analytics

Statement in Apple's license agreement about Analytics

Partha P.
user 12613838
Riverview, FL
Post #: 2
3.3.9 You and Your Applications may not collect user or device data without prior user consent, and then only to provide a service or function that is directly relevant to the use of the Application, or to serve advertising. You may not use analytics software in Your Application to collect and send device data to a third party.

Does this mean, you can collect Analytics data in your app for yourself?
Any take on Google Analytics or Flurry?
A former member
Post #: 5
Flurry doesn't collect user data or device data that isn't available in a http request made from that device. The way it works is you create events, which are basically process markers. You must call [FlurryAPI logEvent:@"yourEvent"] to allow Flurry to give you valuable analytics. Otherwise, all you get is session data, such as how many users launched your app and how long they kept it open. By adding custom events, you can track user activity within the app. I use them at major points in a workflow, especially when there are multiple user paths. For example, when the user changes from one tab to another, i log that as an event. Then, within a tab, i might have an event for an IBAction for higher resolution analytics.