add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Suncoast iOS Message Board › Partnership to develop iphone apps

Partnership to develop iphone apps

A former member
Post #: 1
I'm an old school technology guy that has a number of ideas/designs for some fairly simple iphone apps. Instead of learning to develop myself, was wondering if anyone was interested in partnering to try to take several to market.

A former member
Post #: 6
If you're looking for an equity partner, you're going to have a hard time finding folks who want to help. You could persuade someone who's eager to learn more about iOS development and work together as a self-teaching effort. If you're serious about an app and you believe it will make money (based on market research and clearly identified demand), there are a handful of folks (like me) who might work with you. My minimum engagement is $3k, and that buys you a week of my time (dedicated exclusively to your project). I generally tell prospective clients that apps cost $10-25k, depending on the complexity of the app. Junk/toy apps can be produced for less, but they rarely make much money (if any). Anyway, I hope this helps. :)

Barry E.
user 3402321
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 33
I'd second Aubrey's take. Most developers are either busy with paid gigs or working on personal projects they're passionate about. It can be tough to find a seasoned iOS developer who wants to do an equity partnership. This group is all about education and sharing so we'd be glad to help you find the resources you need to start developing in iOS!