addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Suncoast iOS Message Board › Are there jobs in Tampa for IOS developers with no experience?

Are there jobs in Tampa for IOS developers with no experience?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi. I have 15 years experience as a Lotus Notes developer and want to change careers. I've read that IOS developers are in great demand and there are more jobs than developers.

Unfortunately, when searching for jobs or talking with recruiters they either inform me they don't receive many IOS jobs or they require 3-5 years experience in the Tampa Bay area.

I've gone to the Big Nerd Ranch IOS developer boot camp and currently brushing up on my studies. I am currently unemployed and love to program. I want to ensure that I am not wasting my time on skills that can't be used or get me hired in the Tampa area.

Thus is it possible to a get a job with no experience in IOS development here in Tampa?

I would love to hear everyone's opinion regarding this.

Thanks.

James
Cory F.
cory_foy
Bahama, NC
Post #: 7
Hi James,

I think you'll find your options limited, which actually is what my Ignite Tampa Bay talk was on. I run the local arm of 8th Light, and we hire through apprenticeships. We have many devs who were in a similar boat as you. If you don't have luck here, feel free to come by our open house this Friday (http://www.8thlight.c...­) and we can talk about our program.

Cory
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Cory. I will definitely be there. Thank you for the invite. James