This month we are excited to finally address the topic of raising private money through an investment fund. We are in the process of starting our own with Bill St. John because we see the benefits of a fund to both our business and to our private money investors. A fund is perfect for investors who want to keep their capital working for longer periods with no "down-time". For the business owner, your funds are always ready - you don't have to worry about losing those deals that come along every now and then with short fuses. Your deal sources will learn to rely on you for quick and decisive closes.
- Think what a “Pool of Capital “ could mean for your Real Estate Business.
- Share the rewards of your business with passive fund investors who are in for the long-term and watch your business take off.
- Learn how to start a First-Time Fund that you can grow over time.
- Learn Fund Structures applicable to fix and flip, real estate hold strategies, hard money lending, debt acquisition and alternative investing.
- Learn how to identify and properly present to prospective fund investors
- Learn how to follow the Securities Rules for Private Offerings
- Learn how to simplify on-going Fund administrative and reporting
- Hear about the Package of Services available for First-Time funds.
Bill St John has raised over 60 million dollar for emerging funds and companies. He is former Managing Director of The University Investment Funds and is currently a member of Mission Capital (Broker/Dealer) that specializes in private equity and debt financing.
He has a Series 7 Securities License and a Series 66 Investment Advisor registration with extensive real estate investment experience and advanced training from CCIM institute.
Over his career, Bill has had numerous management positions including an executive position with The Entrust Group.
Agenda for these meetings: (come early for more networking!)
We're growing! Thanks to your support, we outgrew our former space at the Sunnyvale Rec Center and we have moved to a new location that will accommodate our growing group. However, to cover the higher rent, we are now charging a modest admission fee.
The fee to attend our meetings is $10 prepaid or $15 at the door. We will continue to present speakers who offer valuable and timely information to the real estate investment community. We will continue to provide:
* Networking Opportunities
* Open Mic Time
* Opportunity To Display Your Marketing Materials
* Actual Bay Area Case Studies on Recent Rehabs
* Speakers on Timely Topics
* Copies of Our Presentations
* And Much More!
Agenda for these meetings:
1. Introductions and open mic time (please bring your flyers, cards or other promotional materials. Please limit your mic time to 60 seconds or less. If you would need more time, please contact the promoters to schedule your presentation.)
2. Topic 1 - Case Study. Designed to give beginning and prospective Rehabbers information on how to succeed in finding, analyzing, fixing and selling Bay Area houses.
3. Topic 2 - Private Money Lending/Partnering. Designed to give Private Money Investors and/or prospective Private Money Investors valuable information on the process of lending money to or partnering with rehabbers and to give rehabbers the opportunity to meet those with money to invest.
4. Guest Speaker Presentation
My partner Dean and I buy UGLY houses for pennies on the dollar, remodel them beautifully and sell them for top dollar. We call ourselves “The UGLY House Magicians” and I’m sure you would agree that it does take a little magic (and a lot of hard work) to locate these bargains and turn them around in such a short time. We will explain more about what we do and why trust deed lending makes good sense in today’s market.
Seating is limited so reserve your spot right away.
Where: Embassy Suites Santa Clara - The Delegate Room:
2885 Lakeside Drive, Santa Clara, CA
When: Every 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m.