No more spots--but many people have been invited to this trip so it's first come, first serve.
The $60 payment only includes 2 night stay, but if you want to stay until Sun, June 8 - the cost is $90 for a 3 night say. I will give the money to the coordinators directly to reserve your slot.
When: Thursday, June 5 to Saturday, June 7 (or Sunday June 8 for those from outside the Bay Area.)
For those staying through Sunday (e.g. SoCal folks), June 8, there will be a communion service in Yosemite.
Where: Housekeeping Camp – Yosemite Valley
Housekeeping camp are cement slabs with 6 bunks per “cabin”. The bunks have padding. There are restrooms, showers (similar to those during summer camp as a kid) and restaurants available. Towels are included. There are restrooms, showers (similar to those during summer camp as a kid) and restaurants available. Towels are included.
Lodging: $30/person/night Cabins house between 4 and 6 people. Each cabin costs $120. I will assume occupancy of 4 people per cabin. ($30/person/night). In the event that 1) cabins are at full occupancy and/or 2) there are no change fees, refunds will be given.
Bedding: You may purchase a bed pack for $2.50 if you do not have a sleeping bag or want extra warmth.
Food: You can arrange food with your cabin mates. People usually bring way more food than they need. Plan on maybe $20-$25/person for the weekend.
Gas: You can arrange gas with your car mates. Plan on $20/car entry fee to the park.
Half Dome: Permits are $8.00
Who: Professionals, families and friends
Coordinators: Isabella and Gordon Chu
But please email me if you have any questions: Sheree: [masked]
For questions about Yosemite in general, here is the website: http://www.nps.gov/yose/
For questions about Half Dome: http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/halfdome.htm
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to get a permit to hike half dome. These are distributed in March. Please check the following site to get your permit: http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdpermits.htm
Half dome is roughly equivalent to doing a half-marathon. It is 14-16 miles round trip and almost a mile in elevation change. For other hikes see the website.
No gas in Yosemite Valley. Fill your car prior to entering the park.
No food or toiletries of any kind in cabins or cars. Keep food locked in a bear locker at all times. No exceptions. There is a $5,000 fine for disregarding this rule in addition to being asked to leave the park. As they have my credit card, I’m quite keen we all respect this rule.
HALF DOME WITH PERMIT ONLY. These are distributed starting March 1. Please check the following site to get your permit (or chance for one): http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdpermits.htm
$20/car Park entrance fee. Have cash.
As a rule, I do not issue refunds. If you cancel, you can request refunds from your cabin mates. If there are extraordinary circumstances we can talk about it.
Your check is your reservation: I reserve spots in the order in which I receive payment. I will release empty cabins 2 weeks before the trip. If you want to go, you have to pay in advance.
Trip Schedule and Packing List
THURSDAY, June 5 - Day 1:
1. Get settled in cabins.
2. 7:00 PM: Dinner at Lodge.
3. Prepare for hike tomorrow (pre-pack lunches, water, bags etc.) Easier to do before dark.
4. After dinner, hang out and play cards etc. in the dining hall.
FRIDAY – June 6 Day 2: Hike day! (Half Dome--optional)
Schedule: for Half Dome folks
1. 5:45 AM wakeup for Half Dome folks.
2. 6:45 AM Meet at lodge. If you want coffee line up EARLY.
3. 7:00 SHARP Walk to shuttle pickup which will take us to Half Dome trailhead. We cannot wait for people to return to their cabins to retrieve items. It takes a full 12-13 hours to do half dome and it is unsafe to be on the mountain after dark (very steep and easy to fall/twist ankles etc.). Please prepare your bag the night before! A list of items you should include is attached to this schedule.
4. 1:30 Reach summit. Eat, hang out, relax.
5. 2:30 turnaround whether you are at the top or not! We do not want people on the mountain after dark. Sun sets at 8:00 PM and the food closes shortly thereafter (lodge closes at 8:00, pizza closes at 9:00).
6. ~ 7:30 – 8:00 PM Dinner as arrive.
Schedule: other hiking trails--shorter (prefer waterfalls)
1. 6:30 AM wakeup for other hiking trails.
2. 7:30 AM Meet at lodge for breakfast. If you want coffee line up EARLY.
3. 8:30 AM -- Take shuttle or walk to hiking trail
4. 9:00 AM Begin Hike
5. 12:00 PM turnaround whether you are at the top or not!
6. 3:00 PM Return from hike/free time
7. ~ 7:30 – 8:00 PM Dinner as arrive. Sun sets at 8:00 PM and the food closes shortly thereafter (lodge closes at 8:00, pizza closes at 9:00).
SATURDAY, June 7, Day 3:
1. For those who are up to it, breakfast/coffee together in the lodge at 8:00 AM
2. Mill around, for those who are up to it arrange hikes.
4. For those staying through until Sunday: 7:00 PM BBQ together then hang out, play cards, etc.
SUNDAY, June 8, Day 4: (Optional for those staying)
1. 7:00 AM Wakeup
2. 10:00 AM: Communion Service.