addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Surfing, snowboarding and other sports Message Board › Kitesurfers, windsurfers and surfers - lets open the season :)

Kitesurfers, windsurfers and surfers - lets open the season :)

Ieva
user 9471207
Grevenmacher, LU
Post #: 4
Any ideas about places and dates for these 3 sports: kitesurfing, windsurfing, surfing are very welcome!!!
A former member
Post #: 1
Places? About 4 hours west - if Brussels is the usual horror on a Friday afternoon, it's a tad bit more.

Dates? The week-end :)

I myself would rather not go to Belgium (as of this year) for kitesurfing. They have introduced new rules which sound like more trouble than it is worth.

General options are

• the French coast from Sangatte down to Wimereux; I was at Wissant once - where it was quite nice. I am not familiar with good options for staying there.
  • the Dutch coast north of Knokke-Heist (which is where I opened my season for this year, this weekend)
  • the Dutch coast north of Vlissingen

I don't see too many surfers (or windsurfers, in case that matters), I am afraid, but just yesterday I saw lessons being taught at Cadzand-Bad (http://www.moio.nl/)...­. I hear that Domburg (near Vlissingen) is supposed to be nice for surfers.

For kitesurfers there is also the Lac de Madine - but here the locals have rules which sound more trouble (see above...). The one thing that counts in its favour is its distance.

So ... these are the options which I see :)

http://www.booking.co...­ is rather good for finding accommodation (there are other engines, but booking.com engine is particularly strong in Benelux). Alas, accommodation is not cheap, except if you go for a mini-camping.

Currently I typically travel all by myself, by car, and stay wherever booking.com finds something inexpensive.
Ieva
user 9471207
Grevenmacher, LU
Post #: 5
Thanks for useful info, Stefan!