Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Hey Everyone!

This is Carol Ann from the Tampa Bay Surfing Meetup group..

As I'm sure you've seen, there is a small hard core group of people in this group that have been battling those tight wetsuits and chilly temps and getting out into the water to surf... And we understand that many of you may be new to surfing and haven't caught the stoke yet enough to get out there when its cold..

But now there is no excuse! Air and water temps are warm, and we want everyone in this group to come out, join us, and at least give surfing a try this year.

We have a Cocoa beach meetup coming up here May 4th. This will be a perfect weekend to get started. There are many of us in the group that can and will be happy to give you some good starter tips and get you going right away in the white water so you can build your paddling and popup skills.  For those of you who have some experience, we hope you'll come to have fun and maybe help someone else get going like you....

There are rumours that someone in this group has a friend with a hot tub that lives off the beach in Cocoa... Everyone who comes this particular weekend will be invited to a cool apres-surf party you will not want to miss!

So we expect to see many more YES RSVP's to the upcoming May 4th Cocoa surfing meetup. We can't wait to see you in the water and to have a huge group of people from Tampa surfing the East Coast regularly!!

Until then, rock on and hang ten!! Carol Ann
Ship
Zenfulsurfing
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 9
It's the pool I'm looking forward jumping into. My friend said its fine we go to his house after surfing up at the cape. Hopefully there will be surf so you can check out the break at 3rd Street.
Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 9
A pool too?!! How awesome is that? cool We'll have to see how conditions are when we get there. Cherrie Downs is sometimes too small depending on conditions. If we have some nice gentle offshore winds and glassy conditions, we will be heading further South for sure!! I like 3rd street area. It's near Bilt Surf Shop, where I started taking lessons now two summers ago. I think we should definitely check it out!!