Surfers of Central Florida Message Board › Hello Everyone!!

Hello Everyone!!

Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Hey Guys....
Carol Ann here from the Tampa Bay Surfer's meetup group. How's it going? Have any of you 82 members been surfing in the past 3-4 months? I have, and it's still as awesome as ever.. It's really starting to click and I would love to be out there with more of you more often!!  I'm in Cocoa alot, but don't always post on the site, so if you're ever planning to go over for a day trip or weekend, be sure to text me to see if I'm there or around there. Chances are I probably am!!

It's been a while so just wanted to drop you all a note and let you know we are still here, and gearing up for another surf weekend - this time in Jacksonville, in a few weeks.  I also just posted about the NKF surf festival at the Cocoa Beach Pier if you don't already have plans for Labor Day weekend.

Welcome, by the way, to all new members who've joined in the past month or so that I may not  have posted an individual greeting on your profile. I'm always stoked to see new members join and have high hopes that some of you will become totally addicted like I am!! :-)

Some of you have asked about equipment rental in Jacksonville. I have a couple of longboards good for beginners I can bring if you email me direct requesting them. I don't like hauling them unless someone really wants to use them. I'll do a little research for surf shops near the Jacksonville Pier and post on the site. In the meantime, of course, you can google surf shops in Jacksonville Beach and you should find some local surf shops with equipment available to rent.

Hope everyone's having a great summer!! Hurricane season is underway and pretty soon you'll be seeing posts for dawn patrols and happy hours at Sunset Beach in our neck of the woods at Treasure Island.  Let's all pray to the surf gods for lots of waves this fall!!

Until then, hang ten!!!

Carol Ann, Your Co-Organizer and Host