Surfers of Central Florida Message Board › CB Easter Weekend.

CB Easter Weekend.

Ship
Zenfulsurfing
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 11
I'm leaving for CB Friday morning. I'll be surfing different locations on Friday... might end up at the pier late Friday afternoon. Depends on wind. Saturday morning could be a nice day for surfing... I will be surfing 3rd Street South with my son and friends. Sunday is up in the air... might head south or the pier early in the morning... Depends on the swell and wind.
Have a great Easter.
Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 16
Hey Ship!! I think I still have your phone number. I'll text you. I'm planning to go over Sat morning for the day, have to be back for Easter Sunday family activities. I'll stop down at 3rd Street. What time will you be out there do you think?
Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 17
Ship, the Pier is hosting the annual Easter Surf Festival this coming weekend. It's going to be packed. Check it out.. www.eastersurffest.com

Ship
Zenfulsurfing
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 12
Yeah I go almost every year. Kurt and I met at the Festival back in 1973 so we always like to surf together that weekend.
Ship
Zenfulsurfing
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 13
Carol,
Depending on the wind I should be in the water with Matt (my son), David and Kurt around 8ish... it depends... I'm really picky about the waves I surf, LOL! Matt and David might surf down south. As of now the wind will be blowing 20 mph WSW all day but that can change. Water temp is up to 73-75.
Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 18
Yea, Ship, its looking pretty windy over there Saturday. And there's waves over here too. Since winds will be equally strong on both coasts, I might skip the drive and just drop my board in the gulf Saturday morning. Actually, Easter morning might be doable as well. We'll see. If I come over, I'll definitely text you...
Ship
Zenfulsurfing
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 15
Sorry we missed each other. It was a great day surfing. Some head high sets, offshore winds. See you next time.
Carol A.
user 9660253
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 19
I am too Ship! Sheila and I went down to Holmes Beach and explored some of the surf spots down there. We talked to a few locals and found some good spots. It was too windy for much surfing, we tried. Saw that Cocoa was clean and nice. Easter Sunday I spent about 3 hours in the gulf.. it was small, but was alot of fun and not too crowded. Next time!!