Surrey and Greater London Herbivores Message Board › General & Location Suggestions

General & Location Suggestions

This message board is read-only.

Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 67
If you've any ideas for improving our group then please do mention them by responding to this discussion.

I've created this page with a list of suitable venues for our events (including formerly Surrey, now Greater London, ones), but not necessarily exclusively veg*n.

Please suggest other locations, with website and/or menu links, and reviews, if possible. Once I've added them to the list I'll delete your comment, to save on clutter :-)
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 109
India-Leigh was looking at interesting places in and around Dorking (including veg*n restaurants), I suggested the following -

Dorking has Denbies Vineyard, which has vegetarian options (not sure about vegan), and their wine is veg*n (though they don't advertise the fact, despite my harassing them!).

Pizza Express (in Dorking High Street) can veganise their pizzas, by leaving off the cheese and pesto. See Veggie Places (their company is actually based in Dorking!) and search for 'Dorking' on Happy Cow.

Browns, of 182 High Street, sounds really interesting, but their website has gone and there was no answer when I tried 'phoning (01306 881212).
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 134
I'm currently talking to someone about a permanent veg*n restaurant in Dorking, following the success of Transition Dorking's vegetarian pop-up one.
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 112
The Swan, which is a pub on the river in Staines was very vegan-friendly when we went a year or two ago for the pub meets.
Also on Hampton Hill High St is a veg-friendly Chinese restaurant Tin Tin, http://www.tintins.or...­
Sorry I did not add these previously.
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 113
http://www.chinichor....­
One is in Hounslow within TW area, one in Southall (which is a bit out of TW)

http://www.ashnaweddi...­
Still not had time to check out in person yet, although I hope to soon
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 343
Chini Chor is owned and run by the father/daughter team that previously owned Karahi Spices in Woking and Twickenham, they were looking to open a branch in Wembley (competition for Sarashwathy Bavans?!) .

The 'phone number for Woking has now been disconnected, so that confirms its closure.
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 131
Could you possibly add to this list Village Pizza which has a branch in Twickenham and does vegan pizzas.

And Blah, Blah, Blah, when they open on the old Karahi Spices site in Twickenham.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 387
Finally added all those other places, sorry for the delay, and I noticed that Village Pizza has branches in Morden and Surbiton too, I've emailed them about vegan options.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 393
No reply from Village Pizza, but you can see their vegan options here (click on 'Vegan Pizzas' in the list on the left).

Thanks to Duncan for his help, and for confirming that Surbiton has vegan options, he also said "their pizzas are definitely the best!"
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 140
When Paul tried to ask about vegan food in Jimmy Spices, I think it was in Staines, they didn't have a clue! I see you have them on the list for Epsom, has someone found them helpful there then?