|Sent on:||Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:00 AM|
Good morning and Happy Saturday to you all!
I hope everyone had a good week and you are able to relax a little this weeked...and have a little fun, too. It's important to remember to have fun while we are on this planet. Doesn't have to be a big thing...treat yourself to an ice cream cone...take a visit to Cold Stone! Every been to that place? Wow...so delicious! Just make sure you walk around the block a few times afterwards! But...enjoy!
Speaking about fun...and fun people (notice that nice segway), we have so many friendly, awesome, fun-loving members in our group. We are up to 1092 now! Wow. Come out and join us. If there is a waiting list, put your name on it. People tend to drop out at the last minute. Take a chance. You will be happy you did.
We have a lot of outdoor activities coming up. As you know, planning hikes is a little difficult. Weather always comes into play. I rescheduled today's hike after spending all day (and I mean...all day) yesterday looking at forecasts. I wanted to give everyone an opportunity to make other plans. Rain is still predicted for this afternoon and tomorrow. Last thing I wanted was for us to get there, and have the rain start. So...patience is needed in dealing with the weather. I have scheduled a rain date for the hikes, whenever possible, so we won't be disappointed.
Speaking about hikes...In order to be fair to everyone, I have scheduled hikes that are flat, and hikes that have some inclines, rocks, and longer distance. Please make sure you are physically fit to attend these hikes. By agreeing to attend, you are attesting that you are physically able to do these hikes.
I have found a movie...soon to be released...that I think we will all enjoy. When we get tired of being outside (like that will ever happen), we can enjoy a good movie together. I will let you know when the movie is released. I think you are gonna like it!
Here is some fun stuff coming our way: Please check the web site postings for further information:
Sunday, April 1, 2012 - 1:00 p.m. - Walk/Hike at Saddle River County Park (6 miles (Flat)
Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 1:00 p.m. - Hike at Cooper Mill/Black River - 7.5 miles (Strenuous)
Saturday, May 5, 2012 - 1:00 p.m. - Walk/Hike - New Hope - 6/7 miles (Flat)
Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 1:00 p.m. - Hike at Lemon Squeezer Loop (Moderate/Strenuous)
Saturday, June 9, 2012 - 1:00 p.m. - Hike at South Mountain Reservation (Moderate)
Yikes...lots of hikes! LOL!
Upcoming Event: Movie/Dinner - To be Announced
Food for Thought: How to make your day a good one
1. Do something for someone else! Pay someone a compliment; give a smile; give a hug; tell someone you love them.
2. Smile...even if you don't feel like it.
3. Listen to some soothing, calming music; or feel the beat and dance around your house.
4. Choose peace. If someone makes you angry, take a deep breath and let it go. Don't make things worse by saying something that you might later regret.
5. Forgive others...people make mistakes. It happens. Most importantly...forgive yourself.
6. Be grateful for every, single thing in your life.
7. Know...down to the depths of your heart and soul, that all good things are coming your way. Believe it.
8. Love yourself. It begins with you. Watch what happens next.
Take care, stay safe and be well.