We are a dog walking group for all breeds & ages! Walking as a group is a great way for both you and your dog to get exercise, socialize with other dog enthusiasts, socialize your dog to other dogs in a relaxed setting, allow your dog to return to his roots & use his nose to explore nature, and to have safety in numbers. We welcome dogs and owners dealing with reactivity or fear issues and provide a positive, safe environment to help the dogs learn to be more at ease walking near others. We use force-free, positive methods to teach and counter condition our dogs and are happy to help you do this, too.
This group is open to everyone! Dog owners, pet sitters, professional dog walkers, animal rescue personnel, etc. Only healthy dogs should attend. If you suspect your dog is not feeling well, please wait until his symptoms clear up before attending the next walk.
We use a flag system to identify your dog's "personality". You will receive a flag on your first hike. Please keep in mind we often have dogs in attendance who need their space. Ask before approaching any dog. We require dogs to be leashed at all times. Please bring the following with you on your first hike:
1. Signed Waiver indicating you have read our rules & procedures (found at http://www.meetup.com/Sussex-County-Dog-Walking-Group/files/)
2. Proof of your dog's valid rabies vaccine or titer test results.
3. 6 foot leash, no retractable leashes please. We also strongly recommend the use of a harness, flat collar, or martingale instead of a choke or prong collar. 4. It is recommended that you bring some dog treats with you if you wish to help your dog with fear, anxiety, or reactive behaviors.
5. Water for yourself & your dog.
6. ID tags on your dog's collar or harness.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
598 Fun Social Singles
129 B.E.A.R. members
562 Pack Members
409 Kayakers & Trail Bike Riders