addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sustainable Skills Society Message Board › Wild Edibles and Public Transportation

Wild Edibles and Public Transportation

Julie
user 14028398
Group Organizer
Osterville, MA
Hello All,

Since there is so much interest, I'm working on finding an instructor to lead a wild edibles walk. Thanks for your patience! I've been in contact with a couple of folks, but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Also, if anyone is interested, please complete the poll regarding alternate means of transportation under the "more" tab on our page. (see below for more info).

Remember- you don't have to be an expert working in the field to share your skills, we are a member-to-member skillshare group, so if you have a skill related to sustainability, please volunteer to share it with the group! Also, anyone can post other local events that support our theme :)

Happy Spring!!

Julie

POLL: (please answer this poll on our page under the 'more' tab). Thanks in advance!

Transitioning toward a less oil-dependent society: Many of us have grown up with at least one family car and have underutilized public transportation. Some of us would like to drive less for many reasons, including the expense, but the thought of learning a new way to travel can be intimidating. Would anyone be interested in learing the basics of taking the bus (schedules, stops, payment methods, bringing your bike, etc.), utilizing Zipcars, and safe carpooling? If enough people are interested, we can have someone from RIPTA, and or Zipcar work with us, and any bus-riding, zipcar-driving, carpooling members who can share their experiences.
Judy S.
jlynnsheehan
Rehoboth, MA
Post #: 1
Sounds like an interesting topic. I have never really thought about the things that stop me from taking public transportation. I would be interested in bringing my teenage daughter as well - what an opportunity.

Judy S.
jlynnsheehan
Rehoboth, MA
Post #: 2
Sounds like an interesting topic. I have never really thought about the things that stop me from taking public transportation. I would be interested in bringing my teenage daughter as well - what an opportunity.

Susan D.
Westport, MA
Post #: 26
Good ideas. We don't have Public Transportation where I live though. :)