Paint with me at the Leighton Centre. Bring your paints and catch some morning light on the mountains.
If you need a ride, a few people will be meeting at Swinton's at 9am - details about Swinton's - http://www.swintonsart.com/
Directions to Leighton Centre - http://www.leightoncentre.org/visit/directions-map
More Details: Paint at Leighton's & Win $150 from Swinton's
The Leighton Art Centre invites you to come out for a day during the summer to paint on the 85 acre property of open Foothills, overlooking the majestic Rocky Mountains. Beginners and advanced artists, who come out to the Leighton Art Centre and paint, are eligible to enter their name into our Paint on the Hill draw for a chance to win $150 gift certificate to Swinton’s Art Supply store in Calgary. The more you come out this summer to the Leighton Art Centre to paint, the more times you get to enter your name into the draw, and increase your chances of winning. So bring your favourite medium and a blank canvas and get inspired by the Rocky Mountain landscape. Please be sure to let us know which weekend you plan to come out and don’t forget to check into the Gallery shop so we can get your name entered into the draw!
For directions to the Leighton Art Centre please visit HERE or call[masked]-3633. Draw ends September 30th, 2012! We hope to see you out and about this summer! Details: http://swintonsart.com/blog/item/paint-win-150-from-swinton-s.html
Driving from Calgary:
- South on Macleod Trail or Deerfoot Trail to Highway #22x (Marquis of Lorne Trail);
- West on Highway #22X to 96 Street (South) (also known as 37 Street to the North or formerly Highway #773) (Watch for Leighton Art Centre signage) 4.7 km to 4-way stop;
- West on 226 Avenue (at 4-way stop) 1.6 km;
- South on 112 Street 4 kms and then West on 266 Avenue (at bottom of big hill).
- 266 Avenue is a winding secondary road. Follow for 4.5 kms until you reach a "T-intersection" at our Red School House (Leighton Education Studios).
- Leighton Art Centre, Gallery and Museum entrance is 100 yards to the left of the Studios.