Over the last month or so we had a quite a number of late cancelations by jammers (few hours before the session). Earlier this year we discussed what to do about them but did not take any action as somehow late cancelations stopped for no reason ! :-)
From now on if you cancel your RSVP on a short notice you'll end up in our "naughty corner" file :-)
Not a big deal you might say ?
Wait, there is more....
Once you are in this file, next session you attend you'll count for two and you'll pay two fees.
E.g. Session is open to 9 jammers, and 9 including yourself attend total fee is split to 10 and you pay 2 shares. Once this is done you are off the "naughty corner" file.
Again, if you are attending the session for the first time and you are not sure about the gear, setup, read the above first and then your questions to discussion board and someone will answer, or if all fails send us an email.
Sydney Jam Band Sessions gives an opportunity for people who play an instrument or sing to get together and make some music on a regular basis. It’s the best of both worlds for people wanting to do more musically without committing to a band.
We hold regular sessions in a studio environment and everyone has an opportunity to make suggestions about what we play. We will try any style of music!
We also use studio sessions to build a repertoire of songs so that we can perform reasonably regular (but mostly unpaid) gigs at local pubs and music venues.
If you’re interested, keep reading.
· This group is for people who want to play music and have some level of skill. Most of us are not professional musicians but we are nowhere near beginners.
· You must have your own instrument and appropriate gear (eg amp) or be prepared to hire it at your own cost. Microphones and PA are provided by the studio. We also own a rehearsal drum kit which is kept at the studio. More detail on gear requirements will be emailed to you if you decide to join the group.
· We are not an acoustic group.
· We are in it for the love of music, and the fun of playing together. We’re not about egos and certainly don’t see this as a way to make money.
· We hire studio space so there is a cost attached to participating in a jam session. The individual cost depends on how many people attend, but $10-$20 is the general range per person.
· We want members to be actively involved in the group.
· A simple click on the “Join” button isn’t enough, but your request to join will be sent to the Organisers.
· New potential members will then be invited to attend a studio session so you can come and meet us and check out what we do. Membership is by mutual agreement between you and the Organisers.
· If you don’t participate in any of our events for prolonged periods of time, we will assume that you aren’t interested in continuing with us, and you will have to go through the process of joining the group again.
Thanks for your interest in Sydney Jam Band Sessions. We hope we see you soon!