Join us for one of the most enjoyable and funniest exercise classes you will ever experience! Laughter yoga is an exercise system that uses rhythmic clapping, yogic breathing and simulated laughter to bring about hearty laughter from deep within the body. You do not need to have a particular sense of humour, nor do you need to feel like laughing to enjoy a laughter yoga class. You will find that before long the laughter flows naturally due to the group dynamics and the contagious nature of laughter. Laughter yoga teaches you to laugh freely from the body, rather than from the mind.
The laughter yoga sessions will be facilitated by Kylie Willows, owner of Sydney Laughter at various public locations around Sydney. See http://www.sydneylaughter.com.au for more information. Please join us to be notified of upcoming classes.
A typical Laughter yoga session will include a combination of the following exercises:
* Gentle breathing and stretching
* Playful laughter exercises that reduce inhibitions and shyness and convert simulated laughter into natural, spontaneous laughter
* Deep breathing exercises that help participants regain breath after hearty laughter
* Laughter meditation, which involves lying down and allowing spontaneous laughter to flow from the body
* Sessions are closed with a guided relaxation, also called Yoga Nidra or yogic sleep