Symfony PHP NYC - MVC web application framework Message Board › Full-time mid-level PHP/jQuery developer (I am not a recruiter)

Full-time mid-level PHP/jQuery developer (I am not a recruiter)

Adam T.
user 10887520
Randolph, NJ
Post #: 1

I would like to preface this by saying I am NOT a recruiter and NOT in HR, I will personally be doing the interviewing/hiring for this position.

I am looking for a mid-level PHP developer with strong web design skills. The candidate should also have good RDMS skills (postgresql would be nice) and at least a passing knowledge of NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, CouchDB). The project that you would be working on is a fairly complicated MVC based web application that handles ticketing, inventory, domain management, and accounting. The framework is a homegrown, in-house solution however knowledge of at least one existing PHP framework would probably be helpful (Zen, Symfony, etc.). We are also responsible for a few small Drupal sites and perl based applications so knowledge in those areas would be a plus.

One of the best parts about this position is that you will be given free range to research new technologies and design projects on your own, in fact I encourage it. I really want someone who is willing to learn and wants to take ownership of new projects.

The company is a small managed hosting company (50 employees) located in Soho NYC. Salary would depend on experience.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Adam Tistler
Lead Software Engineer
e: atistler at gmail dot com