Syracuse Innovators Guild Message Board › SIG Hackerspace pics + question

SIG Hackerspace pics + question

A former member
Post #: 6
Here are some pics of the hackerspace for those who haven't been there lately. Lot's of places to sit and innovate. Cool.

Question: Have arrangements been made to have internet at the space?
Mike S.
user 12814608
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 33
hey, who was the asshole that left all those powerwheels in there?
A former member
Post #: 7
You want to get rid of the powerwheels? Electric motors and batteries

If you want them gone, I can make at least a few of them disappear.
Mo
movitto
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 7
Question: Have arrangements been made to have internet at the space?

Unfortunately not, a few of us tried to get it resolved over the last couple of days, but no progress. We're going to keep at it and hopefully in the few days we'll have an update (maybe a little longer due to the holiday this weekend).

BTW thanks for taking the pics, space is starting to look great (need more stuff tho, so if anyone has furniture or equipment to donate, send it our way!)
Mo
movitto
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 8
You want to get rid of the powerwheels? Electric motors and batteries. If you want them gone, I can make at least a few of them disappear.

Yes think stripping them for their valuable parts (motors / batteries which I'm sure can be used in many hackerspace projects) and throwing away the hulky shells would be great. Thanks!
Mike S.
user 12814608
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 34
You want to get rid of the powerwheels? Electric motors and batteries. If you want them gone, I can make at least a few of them disappear.

Yes think stripping them for their valuable parts (motors / batteries which I'm sure can be used in many hackerspace projects) and throwing away the hulky shells would be great. Thanks!

I don't think that's what he meant by making them disappear.

If I have time, I am going to tear them down tonite, if not, I'll get them on Monday. If you need any of the parts for a project, let me know. I have a old single seater bigfoot truck that I'd like to turn into an autonomous robot for the space too.

Mike
Mike S.
user 12814608
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 35
We could split apart into 3 teams, and each team can take a jeep body and have 1 week to turn it into a sled. Then we all get together and drink beer and race.
A former member
Post #: 8
There's a lot of good suggestions. If we all drove power wheels we'd be an electric vehicle world!

Does anyone know what the #1 selling car in America is? You might be surprised.
A former member
Post #: 9
I'll post the answer to the number one selling car after Christmas.
Mo
movitto
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 12
I'll post the answer to the number one selling car after Christmas.

Well its after christmas! You're leaving me hanging!