align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Syracuse Innovators Guild Message Board › New Meetup: COD Black Ops Tournament Fundraiser

New Meetup: COD Black Ops Tournament Fundraiser

Dwayne M.
ImmerseGFX
Syracuse, NY
Announcing a new Meetup for Syracuse Innovators Guild!

What: COD Black Ops Tournament Fundraiser
When: Friday, June 17, 2011 6:30 PM

Price: $10.00 per person

Where: Syracuse Innovators Guild
224 Harrison St
Syracuse, NY 13202

Come support SIG and have fun testing your skillz in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Time: Doors open 6:30pm with the first matches starting at 7pm

Admission: FREE to be a spectator

Prizes:

• Geek themed t-Shirt
  • $10 Gift Certificate to Best Buy
  • Free entry for the next event to defend your title.

Overview

We will have 4 xbox 360's setup in system link play and will be featuring 2 session types.

First will be a free for all tournament in bracket style. 8 players will face off on random maps with the top 4 advancing to the next round. The top 2 players at the end will win first and second place prizes.

Second will be 2 vs 2 team play with the winner of each session advancing to the next round and the final round each play will have their own screen!

All contributions will be used to supply resources for future SIG events and projects.

F.A.Q

Q. I only play on PC/PS3, can I use that to participate?

A. The decision to use XBox 360's what not taken lightly, but do to the limitation of capable computers at the space and monitors it became the most suitable option for the event. We may in the future do LAN party based events once we have the resources to make it easier.

Q. I have my own XBox 360 and controllers that I would like to use, can I bring that.

A. Yes, right now we have access to 4 systems and any additions would be greatly appreciated. If you are planning to do so let me know and I can make arrangements to get another projector.

Q. I only play with a mouse and keyboard.

A. A true soldier can win a war with a butter knife.

Q. Will there be food & drinks available

A. We will be serving a fine selection of pizza and pop for all visitor.

Q. I can't make it can I play via XBox Live?

A. The internet at the space is limited at the moment which is the reason we chose to do system link. I am afraid this option is not available.

Check it out!