Sometimes it is hard to truly encourage people of any skill level to continue to come out when they feel intimidated by more skilled players. So allow me to tell you more about my group. I formed this group as a result of joining a volleyball/ultimate Frisbee group that I didn't feel had the right leadership. After voicing my concerns to the organizer I told him that i was going to form my own group of mostly volleyball and to prevent conflict, we would play at a different location and at a different night. I was still new to meetup as his group was the only one i had ever been in and for merely only 6 months. He assured me he was OK with this decision that night. The following day, I received an email stating that he felt it was a conflict of interest and "when my group fails, I was welcome to come back". I'll never forget those words.
On September 20, 2009 I formed TB FITS (Tampa Bay Fun in the Sun). I had almost no followers from the other group. I worked my butt off advertising and trying to get a following. Now, after 5.5 years I keep the same standards.
1. All ages are welcome, currently our youngest is 12 (joined at 11) and our oldest is 76.
2. All skill levels are welcome, because of this most extremely skilled do not join us.
3. We are here to make friends, we have many social events throughout the year.
4. We are here to learn, our friendly members are more than happy to show you how to get better as nobody is expected to be good in the beginning and neither were we.
5. No drama. I have only kicked out one member since our inception. Since then he has been welcomed back.
6. We are not competitive. It does not matter if you win or lose. You will never here me say anyone is a loser or that anyone lost a game. Because we all have this opportunity to do something we love together, we are all winners.
Please feel free to look at our previous events and pictures. You will see that we form many bonds in our group and that this "volleyball" group is more than just a fun night once a week.
- Your organizer,
We will have a wide variety of events that people of all types can enjoy. If your athletic or just want to hang out there will be events for you.
Our events are volleyball weekly plus some other fun stuff. I have some great ideas that are not too costly that I'm anxious to start. My team have many ideas that I haven't seen many others do *thinking outside the box*.
Horse back riding
5K obstacle Courses!