The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board Courses › Lakewood Hills, White Bear Lake, major upgrades

Lakewood Hills, White Bear Lake, major upgrades

Mark J
user 13894471
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 10
"They" have been spending a lot of money on this course recently. They recently added about 5 more permanent holes to make it 18 holes. They've added wood chip rings around many of the holes. And now they've done significant landscaping. There's boulder walls preventing errosion around several baskets and tee-boxes. They've also surrounded many of the tee boxes with plastic "platforms" that are filled with rock. It's quite something but I'm not sure who the "they" are. Is it a private group doing this and being paid by the city? Or is this course going to become a pay course?

I just hope they get signs up soon pointing players to the next hole. I know where they all are but for first timers I have no idea how they'd figure the course out.
Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 134
I think a lot of the work is done by the league that plays there, and yes, the new upgrades are fantastic. Oh, how we have all longed for a cement tee on the last two holes for years, and finally we have them :)
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 130
Yes, 95% of the work is done by the LHDG league players and organizers. Jordan S., Bob Wolf, Jesse Garcia, and many others spend entire DAYS out there on a regular basis.

They have an ongoing burn permit with the city (through August-ish?) every Saturday to burn what they clear from the holes. If you're ever free Saturday mornings or into the afternoon, they always need people to help haul brush and limbs to the burn piles and stoke the fires.

More news and info on the league can be found at http://lakewoodhillsd...­