addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Tina
user 9907997
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Are a lot of you planning to throw this winter? Is the extreme cold bad for the discs?
Do the parks clear off the tee pads?
Robert
rseliski
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 9
As I am a college student, I will be hibernating this winter and 'studying'... aka staying warm... I have no clue about winter disc golf...
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 27
No personal experience with winter golfing...I'm usually too busy snowboarding. I'd be open to it on milder days. From what I read, not many of the meetup folks got out last winter because it was so flippin cold.
Robert
rseliski
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10
I would be game just to go to like a gym or indoor track and friend and just practice on short game maybe every other week or something while there's snow on the ground, but I can't commit alot of time to DG during the winter. Plus like Jonathan said, it being flippin cold is not a good thing tongue
Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 9
Add me to the "no way in hell" group :)

The only person that I've heard talk about Winter DG is Andrew: you may want to ask him.
Tina
user 9907997
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
Frankly, Jayne has me scared with the talk of ice and head injuries.

A former member
Post #: 15
LOL. THe concussion I recieved playing winter disc will NOT stop be from playing winter disc. As long as it's warmer than -10, I will play. Playing in the winter is a fun challenge... and you have to really pay attention to where your disc lands.

Not many courses clear the pads, but it's not bad to play. We often carry an old waterbottle full of salt to throw on the pads. Sometimes carry a towel to put under our feet when we throw so that we can get a little grip... tis fun!

So... now y'all know if you wanna play winter golf, let me know!

We even play winter NIGHT golf out here in MN. Crazy cold, but crazy fun.
Tina
user 9907997
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
I am inspired Jayne!! I am picturing dg-er's
dressed to the hilt like that little kid in Christmas Story that couldn't put his arms down..