addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board General Discussion › What's in a name? (Besides Letters)

What's in a name? (Besides Letters)

Closed to new replies

Robert
rseliski
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 13
So the idea of doing our own number system seems like it's a go. Now we just have to decide the design. And I was wondering if we want to make a name for our little 'posse'. If we just want "MeetUp Disc Golf" or "Shinanagins" or ...
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 35
My vote is for something simple and descriptive. Something like "TC Disc Golf Meetup 2009". I think "official" is less intimidating than a more "insider" slogan.
Robert
rseliski
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14

Quickly made a mockup of what the keychain version would look (using basic stuff to just get an idea, it's not final! :P)
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 37
Woah dude. That's pro. I like the one with wording across the top.
Robert
rseliski
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 15
Thanks tongue it took me a whole 5 mins to do in photoshop. But right now I think the most cost effective way is to just do business card size tags and buy a bulk of luggage tags off ebay. Unless people want to pitch in some money and get like dog-tags or leather tags.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 38
How much money are we talkin here for leather tags? I'm generally down with FREE, but a couple bucks might be worth it...

I think if we're gonna pay anything, we should pay cost + $1, and get a couple small gift certificates to give out randomly at the end of the year.

On the other hand, if that makes it more than, say, $4...I think we're better off making them ourselves and giving them out for free and just for fun.
Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 85
I'm up for paying a few bucks, but I would be terribly annoyed if people joined in but only showed up to an event rarely.

Random prizes I'm also fine with, I'd like to keep away from anything besides friendly competition inside our group.

Does someone have access to a laminator? And awesome job on the photoshopping Bob.
Robert
rseliski
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 16
Does someone have access to a laminator?

I do!
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 39
Yeah, we tossed the idea around a bit more on the 3rd round after you left. We were saying that anyone who wanted a tag could get one, provided they had shown up for at least 3 meetups. Time frame of said attendance wasn't really discussed...
Reggie
user 10084290
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
niiiiice... good going, bob