addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board General Discussion › TC DG Meetup 2009 Bag Tag Challenge!

TC DG Meetup 2009 Bag Tag Challenge!

A former member
Post #: 15
i am up for a new tags this year for the group. i am also up for the challenge. i am one of the several people that received a tag last year and for some reason, i never met up with reggie after we got tags. or for that matter i never met up with you either jayne. :) the mfa bag tags are for sale from whomever decided to grab them from the mfa membership meeting in the late fall last year. they run $6/tag. not bad for really nice tags that many people in the metro have. and you can challenge anyone anywhere for what ever reason for however many holes you want. for whoever has the longest...index finger. flip a coin what ever. as long as all parties involved agree to the terms of the challenge blah, blah, blah.

mider cup zone captains usually grab a good bag full of bagtags to distribute. so whenever you meet up with anyone of them you might be able to get your hands on a few. i know for sure the westside zone coordinator is ben peterson. the tags are usually still available the first few weeks that sundog starts up. which is the first or second tuesday of april.

any way

shut up and throw

tim
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 81
I beg to differ. You and Reggie challenged 3 consecutive rounds at Garlough on one occasion. I remember hearing that you swapped #1 & #2 on two other days as well.

I don't think Jayne had a Meetup tag...she all but disappeared when fall hit. Between the Thursday women's group and tourneys, she kept pretty busy.

On a side note, Congratulations Jayne on being named PDGA Rookie of the Year for 2009!
A former member
Post #: 16
i knew we challenged at garlough...but i don't recall if it was for the meet up tags or mfa tags. drat! stupid memory. that's why we have you jon. you're like an elephant. you'll always remember.

but jayne did, out of the kindness of her heart, exchange an mfa tag with me, meaning she beat me. on more than one occasion.
Scott M.
user 7945990
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I still have mine from last year if you want to reuse them. If you let me start with a lower number, it will give someone the joy of an early victorious challenge.
Kevin H.
Kevin_Honl
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 7
Scott, you need to come out a throw more often to improve your game so you can partake in the taking of the bag tag.
A former member
Post #: 20
Thanks Jonathon for the congrats! I was super stoked when I found out I got it! Haha... Yes Grimace, I was so gracious as to TAKE your tag from you (MFA tag). I never joined the meetup bag tag challenge because I wasn't around on a regular basis. It will probably be the same way this year. I like playing with the meetup group, the only problem is that I know a couple hundred disc golfers so I always have people that want to play!

As for MFA tags, they can probably be picked up at Fairway or Gotta Go. Cookie is the East Side coordinator. As for me, no MFA tag this year. I'm not supporting the MFA. Personal choice. That's all. Everyone else, if you want to support them and buy a tag, go for it.
Reggie
user 10084290
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 3
Yeah, those tag rounds with Grimace were for MFA tags. I haven't so much as seen the #1 tag yet. I still have my #2 intact.