addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board General Discussion › In the coming months...

In the coming months...

Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 17
Just a heads up to you folks, but I won't be playing as much frolf this fall/winter as I did during the summer. With winter slowly creeping in and school taking over more of my life, I just won't be able to schedule rounds in advance like I was able to over the summer. That being said... if anyone wants me to post a round someplace/sometime, please let me know and I'll be happy to do it. Like Friday's round at Lakewood Hills, I won't necessarily be able to attend, but if you want other people to know when you'll be out there, I'll be happy to throw out some Meetups for you kids.

A former member
Post #: 18
Ditto that! Haha... I haven't played many rec rounds period this summer/ fall due to scheduling. Sorry y'all! Keep huckin!
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 67
You can get your fill at Highbridge in a couple weeks! =)
Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 19
Maybe :) If school is still busy for me then, I might be bailing on that one, too. I'd rather not have to wait until next year but sadly, school comes before frolf.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 68
Pretty sure the 11th commandment was to prioritize disc golf, but I could be wrong...
Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 93
Heh...

I've been meaning to email the group on this topic, but now is as good a time as any to talk about it.

Much like last winter, pretty soon we will take our yearly break until March or April. It's not that I don't want to play but I don't want to play in the winter :) and I have to work on my Juggling ;)

I will try to post a few more, but this rain is killing the prospects. So, if we don't meet again until some sunny day in the spring then have a great Winter and rest that shoulder because it'll be back to 5 days a week, at least.

Toodles!
Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 20
I was raised Catholic, Jonathan; we only acknowledge 10 :)
Jenny
FrostyMug
Lutsen, MN
Post #: 2
I am new to the sport but have been playing at Blue Ribbon Pines in East Bethel. They mention that they plow and people play in the winter...does anyone in this group play winter disc golf? I would be up for trying anyway.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 69
Some of us do, some of us don't. As for myself, I haven't played during winter the last 2 years, but I had intended to. Snowboarding and below 0 weather often interfere with my plans. If it isn't as bitter cold out this year, I'd like to play some winter golf.
Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 21
I suspect, Jenny, that you'll be able to find some brave souls to take a crack at it, but I think most of us are planning to find indoor pursuits once the snow hits the ground. I don't mind the cold, at all, but the dirty/wet that comes along with the snow? I'm not having it :)