The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board Courses › Courses ready for play?

Courses ready for play?

Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 53
I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can post if the courses near them have melted/dried enough to be playable to people that would like to keep their feet relatively dry. So... here it is. If you drive by/live by a course and you feel so inclined, please let us know if/when you think it's ready for play!
A former member
Post #: 27
Good idea Max...especially with the current rain fall might speed up the melting and eventuallydrying out of the courses....
Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 54
Bassett Creek is... playable. It is VERY muddy in most places, but Wolf and I managed to get through a round without getting super-dirty. Just be aware that any pants/shoes you wear are likely to be a bit dirty by the time you're done.
Kevin H.
Kevin_Honl
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 11
Just played Lochness park in Blaine and it to is very playable with one hole having some new water hazards to contend with, and some muddy areas through out the course, however the course does not sound as bad as Bassett Creek.
Kevin H.
Kevin_Honl
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 12
here is a link to a very similar thread over at dgnuts.ning.com

Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 98
Bassett was fine, I've played there when it's muddier. Looking forward to
getting the season going
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 91
Two of my friends played Garlough a couple days ago. They said the 1st teebox, and 9 near the hole was a bit wet/muddy. Otherwise, they said the course was good to go.

As long as the mini-pond isn't present on #4's tunnel shot, that course is pretty navigable in the spring.
A former member
Post #: 21
Here's my report from the courses I have played in the last few weeks
Acorn- dry (minus the ponds that sometimes have water, and other times do not)

Lakewood- dry and melted minus the giant snow mountain on the edge of the parking lot, which makes hole 1 a muddy mess. Pretty sure that snow mountain won't melt til like August lol. Ok... give it a month.

North Valley- dry

BRP- should be dry. I played a few weeks ago and it was melted but not dry. I'm sure with the warm dry weather we've had it should be dry now.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 92
So, we found an errant sign (with Sharpied "Boycott! We already pay to play with our taxes!") at Acorn today, indicating that it would also be pay-to-play starting May 1st. I believe it is the same pass as required at Kaposia/North Valley.

Bummer. That makes three of the highest profile courses in the Cities P2P now.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 93
I called Roseville Parks & Rec today. They said that Acorn is NOT pay-to-play. Perhaps we mis-read that sign... it was on the ground, so it may have migrated from either Kaposia or NV.

I also contacted Inver Grove Parks & Rec. I'll start a thread with more information on the NV / Kaposia season pass.