The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board Courses › North Valley & Kaposia pay-to-play pass information

North Valley & Kaposia pay-to-play pass information

Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 94
Update: You can purchase this pass from the Fairway Flyerz shack at Kaposia's Tee #1. Daily passes are also available, but they are $5.

FunAtTheGrove.com

Click on "North Valley Disc Golf Course" (lower right)

"New Annual Pass
The parks and recreation department will be requiring all disc golf users to purchase an annual pass to use the North Valley disc golf course. The pass will be valid for both North Valley and Kaposia (South St. Paul) courses. The pass program will go into effect May 1, 2010. Passes can be purchased anytime during the year and will be good for the 2010 season. The cost of the pass is $30.

Passes can be purchased at the Parks and Recreation Office (8055 Barbara Avenue), M-F 9a.m.-5:30 p.m. or online..."

Immediately following that text is a link.

Follow the link
On the left side of the page you can search for "Disc Golf Annual Pass"

It looks like you need to sign up for an account, and log-in before you can purchase the pass.

This may be less hassle than going to the Parks & Rec office. I would assume the website provides a payment confirmation that you could print and carry until receiving your pass.

Inver Grove Heights Parks & Recreation department can be reached at:
Reggie
user 10084290
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 6
Also from the site:

"This summer the disc golf course at North Valley Park will be getting a facelift! Four (4) holes will be re-aligned over to South Valley Park and the course will also be receiving some new t-pads, a few new baskets and course/directional signage."

From what I hear, the 4 holes being taken out are holes 7, 8, 11, and 12. Apparently they do not want that part of the park to get a lot of traffic anymore (I believe because of erosion). I know someone who went to South Valley and noticed a cleared fairway. He said it looks like a cool hole. I am pretty excited about this, since I have always thought that North Valley was a little work/repair short of being one of the nicer courses around.

So far, I have heard no mention of SSP giving Kaposia any sort of facelift. I hope the changes to NV will convince them to put some of the pass money back into the course.

I'm totally on board with the pay to play idea, as long as it is done correctly. I like how Three Rivers has day passes and how they are constantly making improvements to the courses. I hope SSP/IGH also consider selling day passes. Not having that option would make it really difficult for newer players or people visiting the area to enjoy their courses. I also like the thought of Kaposia with a bit of money put into it =] They could really make it a world-class course.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 95
Bummer. I liked those holes, especially 7 & 12. Hopefully the new layout will live up to the variety those shots provided.
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 106
Update: North Valley's new layout rocks. Also, added daily pass information to original post.