TCM Classic Movie Fan Club - LOS ANGELES Message Board › Academy's Single Tickets to BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN & DRACULA Double Bill SOLD

Academy's Single Tickets to BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN & DRACULA Double Bill SOLD OUT--But $20 FEST PASSES STILL AVAILABLE so Buy ONLINE Now

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
I very much wish to see the Motion Picture Academy's Universal Studios 100th Anniversary "MONSTROUS CELEBRATION" Film Festival and particularly the opening night Double Bill of BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and DRACULA, but please be informed that single tickets to their Tuesday night 10/2 screening are already SOLD OUT! However, a limited number of series festival passes for $20 are also still available online that will still get you into the Opening Night.

If you are contemplating seeing even 2-3 of the 13 festival film titles then it is more than worthwhile buying the $20 pass. I would recommend going online as you read this and buying that pass if you are interested because they will likely sell out soon as well.

This time around, I have taken the liberty of buying a couple of extra tickets to a few of what I think will be the most popular screenings and will offer those to club members at face value after the individual tickets to those screenings have sold out online--provided members then prepay for those remaining $5 tickets via my Pay Pal account. More info will soon be added to our Group's website.

Please also do not forget to also go online ASAP and buy your upcoming Cinerama festival tickets because they are soon going to beef up their publicity and the more popular titles such as THIS IS CINERAMA and HOW THE WEST WAS WON in 3 (simultaneous) projector showings of those titles will likely sell out way before their screening dates (refer to our original event listings for boxoffice weblink info).

As I have previously mentioned, I do not know any prior year in my entire lifetime prior to this magical 2012 year (and I am a young 55 years old) when so many classic films have been shown in the greater L.A. area on the big screen (in addition, of course, to TCM's own wonderful annual Hollywood Film Festival). In the 1980's, before cable/satellite TV, home video & DVDs existed, such, occasional, large screen theatrical showings were relegated to a handful of specialty "revival house" movie theatres that would occasionally screen any 35mm classic film prints they could manage to book from the studios--but mind you those film prints were usually badly worn because they would circulate over the entire country. Originally Southern California had about a dozen of these specialty movie theatres--the only ones now remaining (which currently show a wider variety of films) are The New Beverly (owned by Quentin Tarantino) and the Nu-Art. The American Cinematheque did not exist and the Academy did not host the volume of classic screenings that they have this year (thanks to the efforts of the Academy's Ellen Harrington and Randy Haberkamp).

If you have difficulty buying online tickets feel free to call me on my cell phone. Since this e-mail is also going to be posted on our Group's DISCUSSION section, if you need my cell number just e-mail me directly at my personal e-mail address which is jon90027@pacbell.net

Thanks for your interest, enthusiasm and participation in our wonderful group. I am grateful that many of you have become interested in classic films through the TCM network. I personally already miss Robert Osborne who went off air without prior announcement last week, but on the network's blogs it was commented that Ben Mankiewicz has tweeted his fans assuring them that Robert is very much ok, but needed to take 2 weeks off (which actually represents 4 weeks of on-air network time). Robert is 80 and (like me) is very young for his age, but as one knows when you get older--natural health issues can often emerge and I suspect that he just needed another break for all of the network activities he has been undertaking (in addition to the upcoming cruise he will be participating in this January).

Hope to see more of you soon! Please keep your RSVPs up to date--as much as you can. Thank you.

Sincerely,

JONO

TCM Classic Movie Fan Club of Los Angeles