addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

TCM Classic Movie Fan Club - LOS ANGELES Message Board › How many of you are planning to attend this April's TCM FILM FESTIVAL in Hol

How many of you are planning to attend this April's TCM FILM FESTIVAL in Hollywood?

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 57
Can you read the following brief questions and provide your input which I collectively plan to forward to the festival's organizers? I also plan to inquire about discounts for our members for both festival passes as well as individual screening tickets, but before doing so wanted to find out the following...

#1 We you aware of TCM's previous Hollywood film festivals?

#2 Have you visited their website at http://filmfestival.t...­ for this year's festival and are you aware of the movies and events they have announced so far? Do you like what you see?

#2 Had you previously intended to go? Was there a primary reason if you did not go and, if so, what was it schedule and time-related or money related?

#3 Would receiving some type of discount for our members motivate you enough to attend?

Thanks for your responses!

Val
user 13616450
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
#1 Were you aware of TCM's previous Hollywood film festivals?
YES, BUT HAVE NOT ATTENDED THE PREVIOUS FILM FESTIVALS.

#2 Have you visited their website at http://filmfestival.t...­. for this year's festival and are you aware of the movies and events they have announced so far? Do you like what you see?
YES, AND I LIKE THE THEME THIS YEAR AND MOST OF THE MOVIE SELECTIONS (SOME I'VE SEEN, SOME I HAVEN'T). I ALSO LIKE THAT A SILENT FILM WAS CHOSEN, ALTHOUGH I AM NOT A BUSTER KEATON FAN.

#3 Had you previously intended to go? Was there a primary reason if you did not go and, if so, what was it schedule and time-related or money related?
YES, BUT, UNFORTUNATELY, DID NOT ATTEND. MOSTLY, IT WAS THE COST AND GETTING MY FRIENDS TO GO TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS (THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED IN DOING SO BECAUSE OF THE COST AND THEY ARE NOT CINEPHILES).

#4 Would receiving some type of discount for our members motivate you enough to attend?
YES! I WOULD LOVE TO GET THE "CLASSIC PASS," SINCE I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO SEE THESE FILMS ON THE BIG SCREEN WITH AN AUDIENCE, BUT WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ATTEND THE PANEL DISCUSSIONS AND OTHER TCM CLUB EVENTS.
A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to attend, however it is not in my budget.
alexroman
user 6983168
Glendale, CA
1) Yes, I became aware of it through my documentary film and advertisement.

2) I'd like to see more details pertaining to the programming for this coming year. It definitely gives you an idea and I love old movies so I'm definitely interested.

3) I have not attended due to time conflicts.

4) Yes, a discount would very very helpful and would definitely make me motivated to attend.
A former member
1. Nope
2. No, I have not visited their website (lacking of knowing it existed).
3. Time & money would definitely be factors in attending the event/movies.
4. Now that I'm aware of the film festival, would definitely look into cost.
Denise S.
user 15041201
Playa del Rey, CA
This is way too expensive for me. If there was a discount I would think about going.I watch TCM and have heard about their festivals in the past.
A former member
YES!

#2 Have you visited their website at http://filmfestival.t...­. for this year's festival and are you aware of the movies and events they have announced so far? Do you like what you see?
I LOVE IT!

#2 Had you previously intended to go? Was there a primary reason if you did not go and, if so, what was it schedule and time-related or money related?
I HAVE GONE AS OFTEN AS MY POCKET COULD AFFORD IT, BUT SOMETIMES I WAS UNABLE BECAUSE OF THE PRICES.

#3 Would receiving some type of discount for our members motivate you enough to attend?
OF COURSE!

Christina
Christina-K
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 20
Can you read the following brief questions and provide your input which I collectively plan to forward to the festival's organizers? I also plan to inquire about discounts for our members for both festival passes as well as individual screening tickets, but before doing so wanted to find out the following...

Yes

#2 Have you visited their website at http://filmfestival.t...­ for this year's festival and are you aware of the movies and events they have announced so far? Do you like what you see?

Yes. I'd like to see more film noir and some spectacular musicals, since... well, this is LA and we love to dance.

I was able to go once with an individual ticket to see North by Northwest. I've not attended more than that because it's VERY expensive to buy a pass.

Yes, depending on the discount.

Thanks for your responses!

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 59
Unfortunately, I just heard back from TCM that they cannot afford to extend festival pass discounts to our group since they are still anticipating a robust attendance and already offering new lower priced, limited access PALACE passes this year that will get passholders into any showings at the main Grauman's Chinese Theatre (not the adjacent Chinese Theatre multiplex) and the Egyptian Theatre.

I explained how us Angelinos have year round access to inexpensive classic film showings--many with filmmakers and celebrities in attendance--and often for only the price of $7-15. So further explained that may be the reason why though their attendance may be large--it does not include that many L.A. area attendees. They were polite and seemed to understand, but did not feel a discount was justified under the circumstances. Sorry TCM Fan Club members, I tried!--JONO