January 13, 2013 · 3:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Websters Dictionary defines innovation as:
1. an introduction of something new
2. a new idea, method, or device
1. Professor William J. Cunningham - Former US Foreign Diplomat to the United Nations during the Nixon and Ford presidency and reported mainly to Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. His specialty and assignments were mainly geared towards Chinese Affairs. Prof. Cunningham also served as the Chairman of the Houston World Affairs Council from 1993-1995.
2. Roland von Kurnatowski III - currently serves as the Director of Education for TX/RX Labs, Houston's non-profit hackerspace. He is also the founder of a small software consultancy focused on data visualization. He holds degrees in Computer Science and Sociology from Rice University and spent many years in the doldrums doing traditional software development prior to striking out on his own and working at TX/RX Labs. Currently he is hacking away at a number of open source micro controller projects and has dreams of refurbishing the labs electron microscope.
3. Johnny Carrabba - A nationally recognized entrepreneur/restauranteur/philanthropist, Johnny's restaurant Carrabbas has been a staple in Houston since 1986. Johnny hosted a cooking show with his uncle Damian Mandola on PBS well before the Food Network was popular. Johnny's passion doesn't lie only in good cooking, Johnny helped establish and is still an active board member of an organization called The Sunshine Kids, which provides cancer stricken kids with extraordinary activities at no cost.
Meeting will start promptly at 3 pm
*There will be a Q&A after each session. Please submit your questions to me first, and I will ask the questions to the speakers directly after their speech.