addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
I saw this TED talk linked elsewhere...thought it was good.
http://www.ted.com/ta...­
Judy C.
jichang79
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 16
This was one of my favorite's too. Have you seen the one from Jill Bolte Taylor?
Eldho K.
EVK33
Houston, TX
Post #: 5
Very inspiring.. there's a story that I recently heard that captures something she mentioned. This is a story that can be told to little children to help them understand the value of 'imperfection'.

There was a village which had a watering well in the center of the village and the farmers used to take their pots to the well, fill the pot and walk to their farms to water the plants. One of the farmers had a broken pot such that it spilled water along the way while the other farmers had normal pots without cracks.

One day, the cracked pot asked its farmer : "why don't you replace me with a normal pot? You would have more water for your plants and wouldn't have to make extra trips".

The farmer replied : "look at the path that we travel on. Because you have a crack, and water spills from you, the path gets moistened and as a result flowers and grass grow on there. Look at the other paths, they are parched, dry and lifeless."

I am by no means suggesting that a disease is a beautiful thing -- it is quite difficult for those who live with it - but I am suggesting that 'perfection', six-sigma and such unimaginative ideals of being are not worthy pursuits. They often blind us to the beauty that is abundant around us.
A former member
Post #: 8
This was one of my favorite's too. Have you seen the one from Jill Bolte Taylor?

Interesting. I've had something milder with the same flavor occur when I was meditating a LOT...except not frightening and waaay more enjoyable.

...Also something much weirder but similar occurred in my 20's on one of Tim Leary's fave substances...It's hard to leave the party when you are melting into the couch...
Judy C.
jichang79
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 36

Interesting. I've had something milder with the same flavor occur when I was meditating a LOT...except not frightening and waaay more enjoyable.

...Also something much weirder but similar occurred in my 20's on one of Tim Leary's fave substances...It's hard to leave the party when you are melting into the couch...

You had a stroke?!
A former member
Post #: 7
wow, thanks for sharing!