align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

TEDx Events Across New Mexico Message Board › TED house parties?

TED house parties?

Robyn R.
user 57552002
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 1
Hello, all!

Is there anyone interested in setting up a house-to-house monthly viewing potluck party? I understand that was how the group was started but they just trickled off in favor of other events. I would host the first new one if I could get some technical help getting the internet to feed to my TV. I'd like to get enough interest to set up a schedule for six months or so, so its regular & predictable for awhile, then we can decide if its doing anyone any good.
I suggest this because I can't afford to attend any of the recent meetups & I thought there might be others like me who would rather have a more intimate setting & only at the cost of a dish for sharing with others.
You can respond here, or privately. I'll give an update if this is a go or not in a week or so.
RAR
Joe F.
user 20972081
Albuquerque, NM
Sounds wonderful. It would be great to see folk from all over Albuquerque set up their own Meetups here, show some videos and come up with their own great ideas!

If anyone around Albuquerque would like to do this, please do so!
Steven
user 114152472
Albuquerque, NM
Hey Robin,

I just joined TED today and recently bought a house, so I would definitely be willing to go along with the pot luck idea you posed once I get to know the group a bit better.

Steven
Ronnie
user 4493978
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 3
I would be very interested and will also volunteer my house
Ronnie
Robyn R.
user 57552002
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 2
Well that's a start. Anyone else out there interested? I propose that if we can get six folks volunteering to host, we get together over coffee (or tea or whatever) and set up a schedule, confirm everybody has the setup needed or can arrange it, and pick some topics. Perhaps it should be host's choice. Or we could do 'suggestion box' sort of setup.

Does that sound reasonable? Now all we need is 3 or 4 more dedicated & generous, inviting tedheads.