The Peak and Northern Counties Photography Group Message Board › Compact system cameras

Compact system cameras

Monica
MonicaY
Derby, GB
Post #: 222
Does anyone know much about compact system cameras?

I'm finding my DSLR is too heavy & bulky to lug around everywhere, especially when I'm on holiday. With DSLR's it was always between either Canon or Nikon but with the compact systems, I have no idea where to start!!
Richard
user 8437503
Group Organizer
Manchester, GB
Post #: 175
Hi Monica,

Sorry no-one has responded to this question! Partly this may be because quite a few people don't tend to look at the message boards very much- or even realise they exist! Try posting the question on Joe's Facebook page (click on the Facebook link in the left-hand column when viewing the site in a full web browser). Also, someone in the Manchester Photography group may be able to help. Their message board is here: http://www.meetup.com...­

Good luck!
Mike
user 114096822
Oldham, GB
Post #: 1
did you ever get a response on this ?
Monica
MonicaY
Derby, GB
Post #: 234
Yes I did thanks. Although for the moment, I've decided to stick to my Nikon d5100.
Mike
user 114096822
Oldham, GB
Post #: 2
Cool. I have cameras covering compact, CSC and DSLR. Have to say my Panasonic GX1 (CSC) gets little use these days and I've not had it that long.

If I want to travel light then I take my Canon 500D with kit lens - light as a feather. If I want to travel small I'll take the Canon G10 compact or possibly the Pentax Q.

Julia S.
user 53392832
Unstone, GB
Post #: 3
Have a look at the new Sony compact cameras. They have quality Leica lens' and can be used with or without additional lens' for extra versatility. And they slide into the pocket! Tick a lot of boxes.
Monica
MonicaY
Derby, GB
Post #: 235
Ok, thanks all for your suggestions :)