add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

THE NAPLES LIVING FOODS GROUP Message Board The Naples Living foods/raw foods Meetup Discussion Forum › How to build a meal-sized Salad

How to build a meal-sized Salad

user 4573513
Naples, FL
Post #: 62
interesting link I came across...
How to build a meal-sized salad:­

I thought it was good. What kinds of salads do you like to build?
user 4573513
Naples, FL
Post #: 63
another person's opinion but in video clip format:
How to transition off of fatty salad dressings and into healthier salads:­
Lisa T.
Group Organizer
Naples, FL
Post #: 47
I love sprouts in my salad! So I build from the spouts up, since living
nutrition is vital! Add lots of fresh herbs, like cilantro and dill. On top of sprouts and herbs, I add spinach, shredded cuke, sprouted
lentils, diced red bell peppers, topped with dehydrated sea veggies, and
slices of avo! For dressings, I love avo based blended dressings with lemon and
spices. Yummy!
user 4573513
Naples, FL
Post #: 64
Sounds good. I'm all for sprouts but I need to learn how to grow my own. And I'm just trying to come up with different ideas for salad meals so I do not get bored and so I want to eat salads more.
user 11381415
Naples, FL
Post #: 19
So great that you started this discussion!! Thanks.
I can't praise home sprouting enough. It is one of the easiest ways to begin growing your own food. And the perfect food it is!! As Lisa can attest to.
Growing your own is very simple, I was intimidated at first but just jump right in and sprout your first batch, you'll be hooked for life!
I have posted many times on my blog how I sprout--very low key and cheaply. Using recycled materials to keep the cost super low. Take a look and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Lisa and Mark are a wealth of knowledge--they taught me how to sprout sunflower greens.
Peace and Raw Health,