TLC Hiking Group Message Board › YOU Must Read this, Narrows Hike Urgent Information

YOU Must Read this, Narrows Hike Urgent Information

Eric K.
user 14233175
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone,

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE POINTERS BELOW:

1.  This is a 2 mile hike in a rugged desert terrain on hardly what is defined as a trail, which means some bushwhacking will be necessary.

2.  It is going to be HOT!  It will be about 3 degrees cooler than Phoenix.  And I know there are plenty of fair-weather hikers who don't like to hike in the Heat.  Well....... get ready for some heat.

3.  You will see some wildlife, such as snakes.  If you are scared to death of snakes, you may want to avoid this hike.  We saw 2 Western Diamondbacks last year, and 1 Black diamondback.

4.  $5.00 CASH.  No credit cards, no pay pals, no exceptions.

5.  Get Cash AND Gas BEFORE you show up at the Meet Up location.

6.  Be expected to SARDINE in cars for carpooling.

7.  Once we reach the River, you will be required to swim.  There is no way around it.  You will need to swim for 100 yards at a time.

8.  You will be required to boulder hop.

9.  You will be required to keep a decent pace.  NO, no one will be running, but we will be keeping a decent pace to get out of the heat and to reach the water.

10.  I am begging you to assess your abilities and the person you re bringing along. Just because this has water on this hike, do NOT mistaken this hike as easy.  I promise you, you will be sore the next day.

11.  We will be busting up in smaller groups of 15 as a formality.

12.  Can you hike a total of 4 miles in the 100 degree sun?  And another 1.5 miles of boulder hopping and swimming?

Please only come on this hike if you are absolutely sure you can handle it.