Note: This meetup is now open to all members, North and South. Since a lot of folks seem to be on vacation this summer and attendance at events is low, this may be the only meeting for July. So please feel free to attend whether you're an eskimo or a southie. For those coming up from the South, I will start this meeting at 7:30 and use 7:00-7:30 for introductions only so you won't miss much.
Agenda: We will listen to the introductory track from the TMI Lucid Dreaming Series DVD. The track is 90 minutes and will guide the listener through affirmations, a relaxation procedure, and sleep induction to prime your mind for Lucid Dreaming. Be prepared for a nice nap during this session. We'll have lots of time to discuss tips and techniques for Lucid Dreaming during this session as well so come prepared with your questions.
From the TMI Website Lucid Dreaming DVD description: Lucid Dreaming provides a unique opportunity to benefit from states of expanded awareness during times we are not normally conscious. This four-exercise series on Audio DVD is designed to teach you how to program and consciously participate in your own personal dreamscape. Clinical research suggests that focusing on the dream you wish to experience while remembering that you can consciously participate in your dream state can dramatically increase your chance of success. The Lucid Dreaming Series provides a substantial advantage for those interested in lucid dreaming by incorporating the Hemi-Sync® sound technologies from Monroe Products®. These exercises were designed to facilitate the brain-wave states found in naturally occurring sleep cycles. Accordingly, each of the first three exercises is 90 minutes in length. With the expanded capacity of an Audio DVD, Exercise Four is designed for a full eight-hour sleep period to support your lucid dreaming practice.
A few reminders:
- Try to arrive a few minutes early to get yourself settled, say hi, and make sure your headphones are connected and working. I will be there about an hour early to set up so don't worry about arriving too early.
- Bring your headphones. I will have a few spares but not enough for everyone. If you have extra headphones and don't mind sharing please bring them along as some folks are bound to forget. I highly recommend closed ear and ideally noise-cancelling headphones.
- There are enough chairs for everyone, but some people like to listen to the guided audio meditation exercises while lying down. There are yoga mats and a few blankets and bolsters, but you may want to bring your own blankets and pillows to ensure comfort.
- Bring a notebook and something to write with to record your experiences.
- There's a good possibility with a group this size that this meeting will run a bit past the scheduled end time, as we want to give everyone a chance to share and participate in discussions. If you have to leave early I understand. Also note that sharing is completely optional and voluntary.
- The charge for the meeting is $10 as there is an hourly charge for the room. If you are feeling generous and can contribute more I would appreciate it, as it will help cover my costs not only for the room but for the audio equipment and extra cables I needed to purchase for our group.
- Most importantly, be ready to learn a lot about TMI and have some fun!
Looking forward to seeing you all!