T.O.W.N. - Texas Outdoor Women's Network (Houston chapter) Message Board › Horseback Riding Recon

Horseback Riding Recon

A former member
Post #: 18
I'm going to check out a Western pleasure riding stable next Thur. or Fri. Anyone interested in joining me? This will be a recon only, since I've never been there before.
Linda L
user 12109945
League City, TX
Post #: 4
What time on Thurs were you thinking of going? If it is late afternoon, I might be able to join you.
Spring, TX
Post #: 6
I won't be able to go, but I definitely want to hear about it if you think it's a good place!
A former member
Post #: 26
Wow, I never got an email notice for your question, Jennifer. I went to The Spread, off Almeda Rd. and the Beltway. It's a rural residential setting, not aesthetically attractive like Cypress Trails. What I like about it is that an experienced rider can run a horse in a pasture and not have to wear a helmet. The pasture isn't on site, so it's necessary to ride to it. I'm trying to learn to ride (it's on my bucket list, lol), and the owner is patient with me, with lots of suggestions. On my first lesson, I was 3 inches out of the saddle on a gallop. (Poor horse!) Doing better now, lol.